Votes: 38 51.4%
  • no

Votes: 15 20.3%
  • too soon to call

Votes: 21 28.4%

• Total voters

watdaflock?

it makes me wonder if this company is totally friend’ed
All of us will be retired, before UPS is totally eff'ed.

there was an actual, organized strategy to Peak this year, propagated to all managers
most of the important elements got flushed down the toilet today and last week
Please give us an example, what part of the strategy was ignored?

What online conspiracy theory groups do you belong to, and are you making your hats out of the heavy duty thick aluminum foil, or just the regular kind?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
All of us will be retired, before UPS is totally eff'ed.

Please give us an example, what part of the strategy was ignored?

What online conspiracy theory groups do you belong to, and are you making your hats out of the heavy duty thick aluminum foil, or just the regular kind?
Rentals, helpers, upsurge in PT (although they are keeping the upsurge in FT until after peak) Seasonals for every shift except preload are now sitting at home.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
You will probably be laid off after the 1st week.
I'm number 3 on the building seniority list of over 200 hundred full-time employees. If UPS goes under could probably be the one to turn out the lights as the building closes. However, will gladly take any layoff as long as I get my one punch a week for health and pension credit.

AwashBwashCwash

Mixing races is not bad breeding. When it comes to other animals, mixing in other genes usually results in a stronger immune system, among other positives.

The term for what you're referring to is "hybrid vigour" or heterosis and and the way you are characterizing it is very outdated. It only applies to extremely bottle-necked populations. In general when two substantially different races are mixed the result is offspring that have weaker immune systems, less longevity, lower intelligence, poor posture/musculature, and are more prone to genetic instability (cancer.) Look up what outbreeding depression is.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
The term for what you're referring to is "hybrid vigour" or heterosis and and the way you are characterizing it is very outdated. It only applies to extremely bottle-necked populations. In general when two substantially different races are mixed the result is offspring that have weaker immune systems, less longevity, lower intelligence, poor posture/musculature, and are more prone to genetic instability (cancer.) Look up what outbreeding depression is.
well it is a goos thing the human race is a bottle-necked population. Separated by thousands of years, not millions. Hundereds of generations, not thousands. So it is no suprise that there is currently zero evidence of outbreeding depression but several cases of inbreeding problems. Modern medicine will likely negatively affect us at a far faster rate than your choice of mate.

Dr.Brownz

Or overpaid floor sweepers and toilet cleaners.

Those people ad more value to this company than IE chimps. When my center got EDD/ORION the IE chimps spent a month messing up all the loops. A year and a half later we are still trying to fix them. The in downtown routes make no sense. All bussiness's are brickloaded on the 8000 shelf with NDA's scattered allover the car, stops that go out the back to docks loaded at 3000 everyday. Good thing my route is rural and has less than 100 boxes most days or I'd never get done.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
Those people ad more value to this company than IE chimps. When my center got EDD/ORION the IE chimps spent a month messing up all the loops. A year and a half later we are still trying to fix them. The in downtown routes make no sense. All bussiness's are brickloaded on the 8000 shelf with NDA's scattered allover the car, stops that go out the back to docks loaded at 3000 everyday. Good thing my route is rural and has less than 100 boxes most days or I'd never get done.
those guys were not IE fyi

ORION is not an IE project

WorknLateHuh

A few doctors told my wife and I, that using anti bacterial cleaners and soaps a child’s whole life may hinders that child’s immune system. So when that child starts school, they cannot fight off all the germs that go around.

That's why it's always good to put traces of salmonella and ecoli in your food. Build up that immunity!

AwashBwashCwash

well it is a goos thing the human race is a bottle-necked population. Separated by thousands of years, not millions. Hundereds of generations, not thousands. So it is no suprise that there is currently zero evidence of outbreeding depression but several cases of inbreeding problems. Modern medicine will likely negatively affect us at a far faster rate than your choice of mate.

I hope you're joking somehow. The "human race" isn't a bottle-necked population. There is massive genetic variability among humans. To be frank you don't even understand the terms you are repeating. Also outbreeding depression is mainstream genetics, to say there's zero evidence for it makes no sense in the context of the entire established field. You're like on expert-level Dunning-Kruger right now. If you're being serious you really ought to do some more reading.
I only originally commented on this to clear up a common misconception that I see often repeated.

Last edited:

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
By contract the number of FT porters and FT car washers cannot be reduced.
If the crap hits the fan and there are massive layoffs you bet your arse FT Porters and FT Carwashers will be laid off.

2019 is going to be a bleak year at UPS. Stock price dipping below 70 and losing virtually all Amazon volume doesn't bode well.