Votes: 38 51.4%
  • no

Votes: 15 20.3%
  • too soon to call

Votes: 21 28.4%

• Total voters

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
By contract the number of FT porters and FT car washers cannot be reduced.
When up to 30% of Full Time Union Employees get laid off I guarantee inside employees aren't immune.
You don't understand how bad UPS is going to slash costs after peak.
There is a nationwide Do not order copy paper policy right now.
When your Center Manager can't spend money on copy paper you know things are bad.

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I hope you're joking somehow. The "human race" isn't a bottle-necked population. There is massive genetic variability among humans. To be frank you don't even understand the terms you are repeating. Also outbreeding depression is mainstream genetics, to say there's zero evidence for it makes no sense in the context of the entire established field. You're like on expert-level Dunning-Kruger right now. If you're being serious you really ought to do some more reading.
I only originally commented on this to clear up a common misconception that I see often repeated.
Who's dunning-kruger? Is she a hot native hawaiian?

moldsporh

Also, understand most shipping companies will have to readjust to the tariffs on Chinese goods. Will not be a good 4th quarter for everyone and the 1st quarter will show major adjustments as well as the company likely working deals elsewhere.

UPS has been around a long, long time, have faith in the ones that keep it going.

On the other hand, I don't care for the fact we are still in the spotlight when it comes to production...as they are easily getting 30% more production out of most people and that's beyond what they should be doing.

Nolimitz

also RIP RIP RIP

feeder news newtwork just informed me Amazon is likely to drop us almost completely in 2019

that’s it boys, hang on to your ass

This is AMAZON del service

Sorry, we were unable to locate your address to deliver your package, but we'll try again.
Please provide additional instructions that might help us find your address.

Have been on prime for years and never had an issue with USPS, UPS or FedEx. We live in town in a developed area, maps out fine on paper or Google....

Amazon 1st delivery FAIL!

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
also RIP RIP RIP

feeder news newtwork just informed me Amazon is likely to drop us almost completely in 2019

I wonder if they will start putting a cross-piece of tape on their boxes of dog food once they are the ones cleaning up the mess when they break open?

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
CONFIRMED: Amazon is dropping us. Heard it from a guy who heard from a guy who is an amazon seasonal.

Seriously though, I’m getting my finances in order to jump off of this sinking ship next year. Looking into the trades. Rather start over sooner than later.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Purely speculation....but wouldn't we (hourlies)look bad in the eyes of the shareholders if UPS (deliberately) over-inflated the projections?
This is theory I’ve heard. Cut all of the costs you can except labor.

Then when numbers come in over projections cry to the union that you can’t make money without working guys over 9.5.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
When up to 30% of Full Time Union Employees get laid off I guarantee inside employees aren't immune.
When your Center Manager can't spend money on copy paper you know things are bad.
If what you say is true (it isn’t) then it looks like we wont have to worry about those 22.4’s taking our work away...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
This is AMAZON del service

Sorry, we were unable to locate your address to deliver your package, but we'll try again.
Please provide additional instructions that might help us find your address.

Have been on prime for years and never had an issue with USPS, UPS or FedEx. We live in town in a developed area, maps out fine on paper or Google....

Amazon 1st delivery FAIL!
I would love amazon to take over all of their deliveries. Then they’d have no one to blame. Would quickly be a PR nightmare.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
also RIP RIP RIP

Would have liked that 2 mil they dropped for a new belt at my center to prove a point with Amazon. We will be abandoning it along with the building after 3 seasons of using it.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

The inside people would be the first to go.

30% of full-time drivers being laid off ?

Maybe in some little podunk center in Minnesota.... not the real world.

I don't know where you're getting this stuff.

It's certainly not "nationwide".

One of the 23 major Hubs (an actual Hub in my Local) is undergoing a

multi-million dollar renovation, being converted to automation.

-Bug-

Porters and car washers are immune to lay offs. Plus they have the highest seniority in the building.