Votes: 38 51.4%
  • no

Votes: 15 20.3%
  • too soon to call

Votes: 21 28.4%

• Total voters

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
people in the MMO community have a term for the mostly unstoppable downward spiral an organization can have when it loses all confidence in itself: failcascading

generally the symptoms are:
  1. quality managers jumping ship or taking early retirement
  2. difficulty in retaining veteran employees
  3. difficulty in attracting or retaining talent
  4. generally poor/short-sighted decision making

earlier this year i saw a lot of moves the company was making and thought it was on the right track; now i see how quickly the Board will abandon an entire strategy for a measly $40 million, it makes me wonder if this company is totally friend’ed

bumped

You had mentioned in a previous thread 40 million below plan. UPS is still making plenty of money. Hopefully that 40 million can be saved by not spending money on yet another way to watch me.

rod

Retired 22 years
The way this company treats employees is one of the biggest downfalls of this company. It dirsdoe matter if you are an hourly employee or management.

I think all the lying they do to the public with missed air commitments, fake weather delays , trick recording and missed packages in general will eventually come back and bite them in the ass. They've always treated the help bad but this new metric of lying to the public is a sure sign of trouble. In hind site they should have never went public. It made me a lot of money but turns out to be the beginning of the end with all the lying to impress the stock holders.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
people in the MMO community have a term for the mostly unstoppable downward spiral an organization can have when it loses all confidence in itself: failcascading

earlier this year i saw a lot of moves the company was making and thought it was on the right track; now i see how quickly the Board will abandon an entire strategy for a measly $40 million, it makes me wonder if this company is totally friend’ed

So we're going back to over 9.5 dispatches?

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid

What strategy are you referring to?

rod

Retired 22 years
I give them 10-15 more years tops. Depending on how the dust settles on the Amazon/Walmart delivery situation.

Faceplanted

This is exactly what happens when ups jumps over dollars to save dimes.

I have had customers who were super appreciative for getting their air on time and me not waking them up at 10:30 for a wine delivery compared to last years The amount of good pr this year is intangible. Next peak will be an absolute over reaction to this smooth peak. Get ready for 14hr days.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
What will happen to TUES - SAT routes after peak? ...when tues - sat first came to my center it was full-time guys only. The next week all of sudden reg-temps started to appear....can a full-timer refuse to work Saturdays since they can use reg temps?

Bob11B

What will happen to TUES - SAT routes after peak? ...when tues - sat first came to my center it was full-time guys only. The next week all of sudden reg-temps started to appear....can a full-timer refuse to work Saturdays since they can use reg temps?
I believe according to the new contract you have to of been driving for 18 months to not work Saturday

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
I believe according to the new contract you have to of been driving for 18 months to not work Saturday
Yeah I heard they have to replace those jobs within 18 months with the combo drivers. I worked tues-sat about 4 weekends up to peak , once peaks over I know they will try to get me doing tues-sat again. I’m fulltime , if they can use reg temps then I should be able to tell them I want back mon-fri after peak?

Bob11B

Yeah I heard they have to replace those jobs within 18 months with the combo drivers. I worked tues-sat about 4 weekends up to peak , once peaks over I know they will try to get me doing tues-sat again. I’m fulltime , if they can use reg temps then I should be able to tell them I want back mon-fri after peak?
I would have to refer back to the contract but I believe if you have been full-time for 18 months then they cannot make you work Saturday.

Here it goes by how the routes are bid. Mist are Monday through Friday and the rest are bid Tuesday through Saturday