Is UPS hurting

rod

Retired 22 years
Sure, but - how are there wrinkles in all of the clothes but the sides. Why are the boundries of the sides fuzzy.

I'm not saying the woman in the pic is Ms Olympia, but nearly every pic you see on the internet is photoshop bull:censored2:

Can't you tell--- there is NO room in them sweatpants for wrinkles

ryansox

According to everything I am hearing from other centers and my center manager yes. We opened a new building in our district a few years ago. Volume is the lowest this year and in all the other centers around us. After all of us started complaining about not getting fed food for safety our center manager told us that spending is at ZERO. They are reducing costs like he has never seen before cutting all pt sups ot, preload starting later, drivers not getting ot, returning rentals, no safety or approved meeting allowed. Not saying panic but something is definitely up

El Correcto

god is dead
UPS has been going out of business since I’ve worked here. I see a fully automated UPS or a bankrupt UPS as inevitable.

Looking Further

This sentiment is being echo’d throughout the auto industry. This job is already slowly disappearing, I don’t see future generations getting an opportunity at ups. I’m thinking I won’t even get a Ups retirement.

What do I know though I just drop amazon boxes on porches, I should probably stick to worrying about that.

Sum Gai

I got 60 hours last week and expect to get 60 again this week. Part timers are "Full time part time" at my center with all their start times for the upcoming week either 12:15 or 1:00. We have more volume than last year, have gone over the amount we did on peak day last year multiple times, and still suffer from the "there aren't enough trucks" problem. They are using air drivers as ground drivers to try and reduce the amount of hours other drivers are getting. Last Saturday was "mandatory" and I expect this upcoming one to be "mandatory".

I heard they tried to cut PT sup hours last week but all of them ended up working because of how much work there is.

iruhnman630

There are lots of rumors like that developing as we speak. And it's all because of fear mongering by the news and investors over Amazon Air. Add that to the fact that peak is running so smoothly because of the extra routes/seasonals and you have a nice recipe for panic mode. All over something that hasn't even happened yet.
Target and Kohls have been sending their small packages, the ones that filled my shelves last year, via Surepost.

It's not just Amazon

cosis

Amazon will eventually deliver all of their packages. UPS will just be knocked back down to reality. 9-5 with no OT.