Is UPS hurting

rod

Retired 22 years
Your last statement says it all. We are at two totally different ends of the spectrum. My time out of work is more valuable then saving a couple bucks. I'd rather orther things online and have more time with friends and family. If I was retired I am sure it would be the opposite.

But we would both still can be perverted---right?

clean hairy

The small amount that sales tax adds to products will have minimal impact on internet sales. You are still getting a larger variety of products from the convenience of your home. In fact I have been willing to pay a little more for that address convenience. I did all my shopping for Christmas online because I despise having to go to the malls this time of year. Even if it cost me twice online what it would be locally in my mind it's still worth it.
You miss gerring to ogle the hot women at the mall!

Mooseknuckle

My sources are saying 20 to 25% of Union Employees will be laid off in January.
UPS is hemorrhaging money right now.
What are your sources? We are having an easier peak here but, we're leaving the building earlier, have a stupid amount of seasonals, and working 6 days a week. The volume is just more evenly spread out.

Overpaid Union Thug

What are your sources? We are having an easier peak here but, we're leaving the building earlier, have a stupid amount of seasonals, and working 6 days a week. The volume is just more evenly spread out.
There are lots of rumors like that developing as we speak. And it's all because of fear mongering by the news and investors over Amazon Air. Add that to the fact that peak is running so smoothly because of the extra routes/seasonals and you have a nice recipe for panic mode. All over something that hasn't even happened yet.

Mooseknuckle

There are lots of rumors like that developing as we speak. And it's all because of fear mongering by the news and investors over Amazon Air. Add that to the fact that peak is running so smoothly because of the extra routes/seasonals and you have a nice recipe for panic mode. All over something that hasn't even happened yet.
And China! Don't forget China!

Overpaid Union Thug

I'm not disputing it will happen but, 30% laid off?
A recession, by definition, is a long way off and always avoidable. It will be a sure thing if people continue to regurgitate false info and fear mongering. In other words....caiming there will be a recession by enough people creates a recession. Because enough people spend less money resulting in profit cuts which results in job cuts.

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
I can see where you are coming from too but where is the cut off line from being too lazy to actually shop to just plopping yourself in front of a screen and pushing buttons. It's funny how when you retire and have time on your hands things change.

the cut off line for me is when i retire and have tons of spare time. at this point shopping online frees up my limited spare time for hobbies or entertainment. right now on a saturday afternoon id rather take out my boat or my Harley or even watch some baseball than go to Walmart for underwear and socks. im thinking most of working america feels the same