Is UPS really banning gun shipments? Or is this a scam?

nWo

No, they are taking UPS's time effort and resources to enforce their unconstitutional rules. It's not just UPS, and It's not just this issue. We are moving towards where there is no difference between government enforcement and private industry, ie fascism.

Yes very minor restrictions on gun shipments is fascism.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Here's an article from a legitimate news source
confused-really.gif

govols019

You smell that?
It's a scam.

Trijicon packages show up all the time. I have yet to meet a 2nd use for a gun scope.

Sounds to me more like some unauthorized dealer got caught shipping ghost guns to states where UPS would face significant litigation.

Sooooo...UPS still hasn't banned firearm shipments in the system is what I'm taking from this.

Its_a_me

This just came out yesterday on our registers at the counter
They don't accept shipments at the counter. The items can still come from the manufacturers via a pickup provided they signed the Dangerous Goods and Hazmat Materials contract. Have to have a shipper account and a payment account.

The same rules applies to Hazardous Materials or Dangerous Goods: no drop-offs at the customer counter.

Also can't even pay with cash at the counter anymore.

Doesn't mean it is not accepted in the system like the post was about. Or that people ship stuff without paying.

So again. The idea UPS is not allowing guns in their system is a scam.
zubenelgenubi said:

Is that what you think I said? I'll repeat: forcing companies to act like police without compensation is fascism.
Do you honestly believe UPS isn't compensated via tax breaks or grants to enforce government policies? And your example is so ridiculous that you might as well said routing UPS trucks carrying explosive materials around tunnels and paying the extra wages to do so is forcing the company to act like police without compensation. Or forcing the company to train workers not to dump hazardous material down the drain without compensation is fascism. Or.....business must comply with the laws. They don't rewarded to do so. They get allowed to operate free of criminal prosecution or fines: that isn't fascism.

The quote is your ability to freely swing your fist ends at the tip of my nose or your ability to yell fire ends in a crowded theater. That isn't fascist trampling of the right of movement or speech.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
They don't accept shipments at the counter. The items can still come from the manufacturers via a pickup provided they signed the Dangerous Goods and Hazmat Materials contract. Have to have a shipper account and a payment account.

The same rules applies to Hazardous Materials or Dangerous Goods: no drop-offs at the customer counter.

Also can't even pay with cash at the counter anymore.

Doesn't mean it is not accepted in the system like the post was about. Or that people ship stuff without paying.

So again. The idea UPS is not allowing guns in their system is a scam.

Do you honestly believe UPS isn't compensated via tax breaks or grants to enforce government policies? And your example is so ridiculous that you might as well said routing UPS trucks carrying explosive materials around tunnels and paying the extra wages to do so is forcing the company to act like police without compensation. Or forcing the company to train workers not to dump hazardous material down the drain without compensation is fascism. Or.....business must comply with the laws. They don't rewarded to do so. They get allowed to operate free of criminal prosecution or fines: that isn't fascism.

The quote is your ability to freely swing your fist ends at the tip of my nose or your ability to yell fire ends in a crowded theater. That isn't fascist trampling of the right of movement or speech.

Seizing and destroying other people's property is the equivalent to your other examples in your mind. Ok buddy. Good luck with whatever you got going.

Its_a_me

Seizing and destroying other people's property is the equivalent to your other examples in your mind. Ok buddy. Good luck with whatever you got going.
Read the carriage of contract. That is the document concerning legality of transporting other people's property. It handles the examples you are throwing out.

It is not seized and destroyed. It is either held for the shipper to come pickup at their own expense as they don't have a valid shipping contract (because they didn't read the small print carriage of contract). If it made it into the shipment system and moved it is turned over to the proper authorities as the shipper violated the law and didn't read the fine print. If they choose not to do so in the time allotted by law it is disposed of by UPS or the proper authorities.

Same thing for any dangerous good/hazmat. Ever seen a hazmat response team from the fire dept remove an unauthorized package that some stupid driver picked up rather than argue with the customer about?

Guns are considered dangerous goods and governed by UPS dangerous goods contract. They are allowed in the system by shippers that follow the contract. Not allowed by those that don't. Simple as that.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Read the carriage of contract. That is the document concerning legality of transporting other people's property. It handles the examples you are throwing out.

It is not seized and destroyed. It is either held for the shipper to come pickup at their own expense as they don't have a valid shipping contract (because they didn't read the small print carriage of contract). If it made it into the shipment system and moved it is turned over to the proper authorities as the shipper violated the law and didn't read the fine print. If they choose not to do so in the time allotted by law it is disposed of by UPS or the proper authorities.

Same thing for any dangerous good/hazmat. Ever seen a hazmat response team from the fire dept remove an unauthorized package that some stupid driver picked up rather than argue with the customer about?

Guns are considered dangerous goods and governed by UPS dangerous goods contract. They are allowed in the system by shippers that follow the contract. Not allowed by those that don't. Simple as that.

Guns or firearms are not considered (dangerous goods)..

Before this newest mandate they were shipped off counters via next day air..the reason was to get them to their destination as soon as possible, they were segregated and treated as a high value package. This service level requirement also was needed in order to prevent thief.

They had to be going to a licensed gun broker for transfer or repair, not person to person.

The manufacturer’s firearm returns can go second day air and are permitted in our system for delivery. It makes sense because most of the returns are due to some design issues that have a ton of liability involved.

If a firearm ends up missing in our system law enforcement has to be called in and an investigation started. Still remember an incident when some part timers or temps were stealing a bunch of guns out of a trailer just before they were delivered to a large gun shop. I do not who was running LP at the location but it was far too easy for these kids to get them off the property.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Years ago we had a clerk in our building who was address correcting gun shipments to his house. I don't know how they ever caught him.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star