Is UPS really banning gun shipments? Or is this a scam?

oldngray

nowhere special
UPS would face massive fines for shipping illegal firearms. That's why they cancelled the account for Ghost Guns.
The problem with that reasoning is those weren't illegal. Biden's ATF might have pressured them and they quickly caved though.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
UPS would face massive fines for shipping illegal firearms. That's why they cancelled the account for Ghost Guns.
If they KNEW they were shipping them sure. People ship stuff illegally every day through the network. No way for ups to know.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
The problem with that reasoning is those weren't illegal. Biden's ATF might have pressured them and they quickly caved though.
Next month UPS will start shipping them again, but with a surcharge for some made up BS. Just like when they made handguns go next day.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Why now?
Screenshot_20220706-132525_Chrome.jpg

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I’m beginning to wonder if it’s a pandemic of stupidity.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The shipping handguns by Next Day Air happened because of what happened at my Hub a long time ago. A part-time supervisor stole 160 handguns from a certain manufacturer, I think he was tossing them over a fence. He was caught selling them in a local apartment complex. The policy changed shortly after that.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
The shipping handguns by Next Day Air happened because of what happened at my Hub a long time ago. A part-time supervisor stole 160 handguns from a certain manufacturer, I think he was tossing them over a fence. He was caught selling them in a local apartment complex. The policy changed shortly after that.

How come it is always the part time supervisor..🤔

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
I always thought it was because of the better tracking. Also more revenue.
it's because they want it in the system for the least amount of time for it to go missing, of all the things to go missing a handgun is the biggest headache.

nWo

People need to understand that it's not UPS. It's the ATF and the federal government. FedEx also doesn't mess around with Ghost Guns. Here's an article from a legitimate news source

UPS said it will “deliver firearms that are legally in transit,” but they “do not intend to seize or destroy goods unless a shipper intentionally or repeatedly violates UPS policy or federal regulations.”

"A FedEx spokesperson said the company last year “implemented even stricter requirements than required by law for the shipment of firearms through our networks.”

“FedEx prohibits customers from tendering specific firearm accessories such as bump fire stocks, rapid-fire trigger activators, unserialized firearms or ‘ghost guns’ and any other firearms manufactured using 3D printing,” the FedEx statement said. “As federal, state and local laws change, we will comply with those new regulations as well to protect the safety of our team members and the communities that we serve.”

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
People need to understand that it's not UPS. It's the ATF and the federal government. FedEx also doesn't mess around with Ghost Guns. Here's an article from a legitimate news source

UPS said it will “deliver firearms that are legally in transit,” but they “do not intend to seize or destroy goods unless a shipper intentionally or repeatedly violates UPS policy or federal regulations.”

"A FedEx spokesperson said the company last year “implemented even stricter requirements than required by law for the shipment of firearms through our networks.”

“FedEx prohibits customers from tendering specific firearm accessories such as bump fire stocks, rapid-fire trigger activators, unserialized firearms or ‘ghost guns’ and any other firearms manufactured using 3D printing,” the FedEx statement said. “As federal, state and local laws change, we will comply with those new regulations as well to protect the safety of our team members and the communities that we serve.”

Forcing private industry to execute law enforcement powers, particularly without any compensation, is fascist. It's a "takings" violation of the 4th amendment, and has been rampant over the last two years.

nWo

Forcing private industry to execute law enforcement powers, particularly without any compensation, is fascist. It's a "takings" violation of the 4th amendment, and has been rampant over the last two years.

Just buy your ghost firearms locally so they don't have to be shipped through UPS. Problem solved.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Just buy your ghost firearms locally so they don't have to be shipped through UPS. Problem solved.

I can just make my own like the guy who killed the PM in Japan. The problem I want solved is government taking private property for their own purposes without just compensation or due process. If you don't care about those things, you are part of the problem.

oldngray

nowhere special
You can't legally buy a functional ghost gun. You buy parts and have to finish it yourself (which requires some skill and machining). Those guns would be legal for you to own but you could never sell to anyone else.

nWo

I can just make my own like the guy who killed the PM in Japan. The problem I want solved is government taking private property for their own purposes without just compensation or due process. If you don't care about those things, you are part of the problem.

The government is not taking your guns!

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
The government is not taking your guns!

No, they are taking UPS's time effort and resources to enforce their unconstitutional rules. It's not just UPS, and It's not just this issue. We are moving towards where there is no difference between government enforcement and private industry, ie fascism.