Is UPS really banning gun shipments? Or is this a scam?

Hot Carl

Would be news to me. What happened? Too many rookies getting fired for signing for them and leaving them at the door?

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Yup
I posted it in the gun section. Also Brownells too

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
I’ll tell you what I was told in cornerstone 20 years ago.

“We don’t care what’s in it.”

Hot Carl

I’ll tell you what I was told in cornerstone 20 years ago.

“We don’t care what’s in it.”
Case in point: This package in a 10 piece bulk stop I delivered last week.

20220624_134319.jpg

upser2020

If they stop bullets might help. A while back had a package of bullets break open and 556 rounds stuck in the rollers on the the belt.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
UPS had to pay some big fines over illegal tobacco shipments several years back, even though the company didn't know what was in the boxes. I suspect any gun part ban would be because of liability issues. Last year, some 13-year-old kid was building ghost guns in the city I moved out of. He was selling them to gang members and he accidentally killed his older sister while shooting it out when he was getting robbed. He and his mother are both facing charges in that death. If you have the skill to machine a receiver yourself legally, I don't see anything wrong with it if you keep it for yourself. But there is no sense in making it easy for people to arm crooks.

iowa boy

UPS had to pay some big fines over illegal tobacco shipments several years back, even though the company didn't know what was in the boxes. I suspect any gun part ban would be because of liability issues. Last year, some 13-year-old kid was building ghost guns in the city I moved out of. He was selling them to gang members and he accidentally killed his older sister while shooting it out when he was getting robbed. He and his mother are both facing charges in that death. If you have the skill to machine a receiver yourself legally, I don't see anything wrong with it if you keep it for yourself. But there is no sense in making it easy for people to arm crooks.
We have two tribal reservations in our delivery area, and one of the tribes was selling cases of smokes to a tribe in New York state. The ATF came in and told the tribe and UPS that we were both breaking the law by shipping and selling untaxed cigarettes. When these cases of smokes came thru our building, we definitely knew what was in each case and the associated value of each case.

Its_a_me

It's a scam.

Trijicon packages show up all the time. I have yet to meet a 2nd use for a gun scope.

Sounds to me more like some unauthorized dealer got caught shipping ghost guns to states where UPS would face significant litigation.