Is ups really worth it?

ive been working for ups 4 yrs. making 13. Now with the new contract I’ll be getting no raise & like 15 in 2023. Only reason I took this job is to make my parents proud; i wanted to be a driver someday. My older brothers are successful & I feel like they look down on me. I feel like if I quit, my family will be ashamed. I do have a 2 yr degree but there’s no good jobs in this small town. I work hard everyday the coworkers are nice at times but feel like I’m taking advantage of. They’ll see that I’m fast & they expect it everyday. I guess that I do what they ask cause I wanna make everyone happy.

I enjoy working but feel stressed when both management & employees asked me to go faster. Do y’all think UPS will ever be great again?

ive been working for ups 4 yrs. making 13. Now with the new contract I’ll be getting no raise & like 15 in 2023. Only reason I took this job is to make my parents proud; i wanted to be a driver someday. My older brothers are successful & I feel like they look down on me. I feel like if I quit, my family will be ashamed. I do have a 2 yr degree but there’s no good jobs in this small town. I work hard everyday the coworkers are nice at times but feel like I’m taking advantage of. They’ll see that I’m fast & they expect it everyday. I guess that I do what they ask cause I wanna make everyone happy.

I enjoy working but feel stressed when both management & employees asked me to go faster. Do y’all think UPS will ever be great again?
You will be getting $4.15 raise by 2022

rickyb

UPS is nothing to be proud of. it could be worse.

the question is whether america will ever be great again.

if your family is ashamed of you quitting UPS thats their problem and their :censored2:ed up perspective.

when i quit UPS because i was showing up to work and being sent home with no pay, my dad was proud of me.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis

What did you study to earn Associate Degree?
Sounds like you had a dream. What did you want to be when you grew up?

UPS doesn't need to be a final destination, you can make it a steppingstone to the next destination.

Your parents are proud of you.
Drop that "make them proud crap". Your parents want you to be happy and it sounds like you're NOT.

Look down on you?
Are you sure you are not projecting your disappointment and misreading?Successful brothers? Are you sure they are happy or jealous?
You have a banquet of life infront of you.

Depressed?
Yeah, I see it. However, you just articulated how you feel.
Make it one of those damn steppingstones. Yeah, it's a cliche, but you made the first step.

Now, answer my questions.
Ignore some of the replies your post generates.

UPS is a good company.
(It is easy for people to slam UPS; faceless claims)

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
DepressedUPSER

I replied to your post in good faith.
I stepped away from BC for awhile and I am unfamiliar with you and your posts.

I just reviewed your posts.

Unfortunately, I appear to be sucked in by a Troll.
I standby what I wrote in the chance you are sincere.

In reference to past posts...you can only be the greatest UPS employee if you give a damn.
You can't give yourself a title. A title is earned.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus

Lost all your money in Vegas, didn’t you? Lol.

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
Lost all your money in Vegas, didn’t you? Lol.
Checked out previous posts, too?

Sounds like gambling problem. Our health insurance can help with addiction.

Steroid use?
Testosterone mentioned. Most bodybuilders I know don't brag unless under-influence ...no reason to brag. The traps & deltoids say it without words.

Our insurance can help with this and I suggest/recommend using it.
Steroids destroy your body.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

you should quit because im telling you toooooooo

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

if your family is ashamed of you quitting UPS thats their problem and their :censored2:ed up perspective.

when i quit UPS because i was showing up to work and being sent home with no pay, my dad was proud of me.
Not this :censored2: again

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

Op please don’t take advice from the guy hoping to save enough money to buy a van and live by the river.

IESucks

No. Next!