Is your UPS check enough? Are you making it?

DriverNerd

My parents have separate finances and it works for them because my mom will spend every penny available to her ASAP. My mom is supposed to pay the house bills (he pays the big ones), yet she is constantly needing money from him to pay at the end of the month. She gets super offensive if someone talks money with her, yet she'll buy new brand name stuff constantly. I feel bad for him. One my friends keeps separate accounts with his wife and they never have issues with money. They discuss all large purchases and never overspend.

My wife and I have combined accounts and we have no issues (I make way, way more than her). She doesn't make any large ticket purchases without discussing it with me (and I with her). I also have a friend with a joint account whose wife spends like my mom and they bitch about money constantly and are always struggling to pay the bills. Both sides have their advantages/disadvantages.

BobJ

My parents have separate finances and it works for them because my mom will spend every penny available to her ASAP. My mom is supposed to pay the house bills (he pays the big ones), yet she is constantly needing money from him to pay at the end of the month. She gets super offensive if someone talks money with her, yet she'll buy new brand name stuff constantly. I feel bad for him.
Sounds like it works well for your Mom, but not your Dad.
I can see how she loves getting bailed out of her poor decisions, especially if she has taught everyone around her not to point it out.

Nah
Who cares what a boomer thinks
433ad0d22e68bb071cd1dd05ec8c745c25e22a9458de3eaf7d20f59c4c11d2ed.jpg

im good so far. always drive older cars and trucks. went hard on 401k and stock for years but i scaled back. Investing in real estate last 2yrs. Stock has really helped me out. paid off my first house, now working on 4 more. hopefully the hard work pays off, i can get a few more and maybe flip some. im ready to leave Ups as soon as possible. But im not mad at Ups, it help me move forward with my goals. Good Luck Fellas !!!!

im good so far. always drive older cars and trucks. went hard on 401k and stock for years but i scaled back. Investing in real estate last 2yrs. Stock has really helped me out. paid off my first house, now working on 4 more. hopefully the hard work pays off, i can get a few more and maybe flip some. im ready to leave Ups as soon as possible. But im not mad at Ups, it help me move forward with my goals. Good Luck Fellas !!!!
Dear Lord is another part-time millionaire

JL 0513

Yeah.

Paid off my house 10 years ago. I’m still driving my old beater 2009 Toyota. I got so much money I don’t know what to do with it
You're driving a 14 year old car but have so much money you don't know what to do with it?

I think I have some idea. Why accumulate so much money and suffer at the same time? If you drove a new car you'd realize the crap you put yourself through. People with old cars are unaware of how much cars have changed in the last 15 years.

I get it, you have a lot of money because you were smart enough not to buy a new car every few years. That's good. But now it's time to get rewarded for your smart financial decisions.