Israel

vantexan

Crimes of Britain‏ @crimesofbrits 17h17 hours ago

400,000 Palestinians under the watch of Britain had been expelled from their homeland by mid-May 1948. 220+ villages had been ethnically cleansed. The British Army played an active role alongside Zionists. Britain was the author, architect and butcher in Palestine #Nakba70 #Gaza

DdOBldqXcAAidI-.jpg
And? Look up the Christians in Lebanon who were forced from their homes or butchered by Muslims. Look up Constantinople on the map and show me where it is today. Look up all the Christian lands dominated by the Ottomans for 500 years and what they endured. Hell look up all the millions of Europeans killed by hordes from the East. You point to one area as an indictment of White Europeans because you're self loathing and have a limited understanding of history. Buy a clue.

rickyb

Hamas official: 50 of the 62 Gazans killed in border violence were our members

Israel has blamed Hamas for the deadly violence, saying the terror group encouraged and led the protests, which included attacks on Israeli troops and attempts to breach the border fence. The IDF said Sunday that Hamas planned to send armed terrorists through any breach in the fence to “massacre” Israelis.
is that a reputable news source?

Dr. Jill Stein‏Verified account @DrJillStein 33m33 minutes ago

As Israeli snipers massacre Palestinians crying out for their human rights, US Senators are taking action - by pushing a bill to criminalize people who boycott Israel. Tell the 41 Republican & 15 Democrat co-sponsors: HANDS OFF OUR FIRST AMENDMENT. https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/senate-bill/720/cosponsors …

oldngray

nowhere special
is that a reputable news source?

Dr. Jill Stein‏Verified account @DrJillStein 33m33 minutes ago

As Israeli snipers massacre Palestinians crying out for their human rights, US Senators are taking action - by pushing a bill to criminalize people who boycott Israel. Tell the 41 Republican & 15 Democrat co-sponsors: HANDS OFF OUR FIRST AMENDMENT. https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/senate-bill/720/cosponsors …

Senior Hamas official sets the record straight on who was killed in last Hamas-orchestrated riots: "50 of the 62 martyrs were Hamas". Take his word for it. This was no peaceful protest. pic.twitter.com/oop2y3oWrB
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybe...ers-killed-by-israel-were-terrorists-n2481327

It will be fine

Senior Hamas official sets the record straight on who was killed in last Hamas-orchestrated riots: "50 of the 62 martyrs were Hamas". Take his word for it. This was no peaceful protest. pic.twitter.com/oop2y3oWrB
SURPRISE: Hamas Admits Vast Majority of 'Peaceful Protesters' Killed by Israel Were Actually Terrorists
Not surprising. The people of Gaza elected Hamas for their government. Israel keeps Gaza basically controlled like a prison camp. It’s not a shock that a prison run by a terrorist group has violent clashes with the guards. friend em all, not our problem.

rickyb

SURPRISE: Hamas Admits Vast Majority of 'Peaceful Protesters' Killed by Israel Were Actually Terrorists
like im rusty on the issue its been over a year since ive listened to talks about it. but from what i recall israel is running the largest open air prison in the world and taking all of the wealth out of palestine while not allowing Palestinians to assimilate into israel society...something like that.

It will be fine

like im rusty on the issue its been over a year since ive listened to talks about it. but from what i recall israel is running the largest open air prison in the world and taking all of the wealth out of palestine while not allowing Palestinians to assimilate into israel society...something like that.
That’s about right, except there is no wealth in Palestine. If they had a Ghandi or MLK like figure to lead the Palestinians in non-violent resistance they could actually get international support. Too bad they choose terrorist organizations to lead them.

rickyb

That’s about right, except there is no wealth in Palestine. If they had a Ghandi or MLK like figure to lead the Palestinians in non-violent resistance they could actually get international support. Too bad they choose terrorist organizations to lead them.
theres nothing of value there?

It will be fine

theres nothing of value there?
Not really. Gaza is about the size of Detroit with 2 mil people. There is no major industry, no resources and near universal poverty. It’s not a surprise that the young people there are willing to get shot in the head to cut a hole in a fence for symbolic reasons. Any money they have the terrorists that run the place spend it on bombs to hit Israel. It’s a poor strategy, but it’s the one they’re going with. Israel overreacts and whoops some A, but it’s hard to blame them. They don’t really want to try and assimilate 2 mil unskilled people that want the death of their nation state.

rickyb

Not really. Gaza is about the size of Detroit with 2 mil people. There is no major industry, no resources and near universal poverty. It’s not a surprise that the young people there are willing to get shot in the head to cut :censored2: in a fence for symbolic reasons. Any money they have the terrorists that run the place spend it on bombs to hit Israel. It’s a poor strategy, but it’s the one they’re going with. Israel overreacts and whoops some A, but it’s hard to blame them. They don’t really want to try and assimilate 2 mil unskilled people that want the death of their nation state.
i agree with you on some of this.

It will be fine

i agree with you on some of this.
I’m not sure why anyone in the US cares. Israel can take care of themselves, they’ve got nukes, everyone knows it. I think I’ve come to agree with Trump on putting the embassy in Jerusalem, it’s just recognizing reality, which seems perfectly reasonable.

rickyb

I’m not sure why anyone in the US cares. Israel can take care of themselves, they’ve got nukes, everyone knows it. I think I’ve come to agree with Trump on putting the embassy in Jerusalem, it’s just recognizing reality, which seems perfectly reasonable.
isnt israel US's only ally in the region? maybe im wrong. israel gets alot of weapons from america.

i think i remember watching a video from abby martin's empire files where she interviews israeli citizens. they have pretty nutty beliefs. i might be off, but it might not just be the israel government which is crazy.

newfie

Not surprising. The people of Gaza elected Hamas for their government. Israel keeps Gaza basically controlled like a prison camp. It’s not a shock that a prison run by a terrorist group has violent clashes with the guards. friend em all, not our problem.

we don't have to make them our problem, just give Israel enough help to keep the other terrorists in check.

BrownArmy

And America kicksass, get used to it. It ain't yobamma's Amerika anymore.

No doubt, Obama was a triangulating incrementalist. We got sick of the dumb cowboy, so we elected the Professor.

We got sick of the Professor, so we elected dumpster-fire Trump.

But Trump just killed any hope for a two-state solution, at least for the foreseeable future.

Maybe you don't care.

But imagine a one state Israel, with half it's population under the gun and under curfew, and in some cases, literally unable to walk out their front door because the street is classified as 'Jews only'.

If that sounds familiar, it's what the Germans did to the Jews.

Powder-keg?

I don't have a dog in this fight, I just think it's slightly ironic that for all intents and purposes the Israeli government has segregated the Palestinians into 'confinement' camps.

Hamas :censored2: sucks, Netanyahoo sucks, there aren't any real or good actors in the entire situation.

But Trump did his thing, which was more about doing what other Presidents wouldn't do than it was about doing the right or correct thing.

He's pleased as punch, he did some TRUMP STUFF!

Whether or not that was a good idea, we'll see.

We should hold off on the Nobel, just saying.