Issue with a union Stewart

Koogle1988

My center manager came to me asking me why I was talking crap about him and why I wanted him in trouble. Again this is totally out of the blue. He then proceeded to explain my union Stewart and our union boss where there telling him how I was gunning to get my center manager fired. As bewildered as I was about this conversation he had with the Stewart and boss I’ve never implied anything like this . I do the occasional bitching as any driver but never anything to get my center manager fired

My question is
I was never informed of a meeting. And why would the people that work for me to represent me do such a thing. Why would they go to a center manager and say these things? What kind of actions can I take

Koogle1988

All these thought I’ve crossed my mind only thing is. I’ve been here 15 years and have only received 2 warning letters I follow all safety rules and do as I’m told I don’t rock the boat unless it needs to be done

My center manager came to me asking me why I was talking crap about him and why I wanted him in trouble. Again this is totally out of the blue. He then proceeded to explain my union Stewart and our union boss where there telling him how I was gunning to get my center manager fired. As bewildered as I was about this conversation he had with the Stewart and boss I’ve never implied anything like this . I do the occasional bitching as any driver but never anything to get my center manager fired

My question is
I was never informed of a meeting. And why would the people that work for me to represent me do such a thing. Why would they go to a center manager and say these things? What kind of actions can I take
Tell him you want your steward next to he wants to talk to you.

Boston25

My question is
It wouldn't be the first time that UPS has done stuff like this. Next time ask for your steward to be present. And it's steward not Stewart.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

My question is
You can start by stop drinking Miller High Life. That’s so gross Mo......

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

My question is

How does one go about getting their center manager fired? Asking for a friend...

Seriously though, unless you are calling the alert line with legitimate complaints about a center manager, why on earth would a center manager ever be concerned about a driver trying to get him/her fired? The union can't force the company to fire a manager, and it seems like harassment grievances only help advance a manager's career.

If the subject comes up again, ask him how you could possibly have done anything to jeopardize his job. That will help him get his mind right. He sounds like a much bigger threat to himself than you ever could be.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
So were you disciplined for this or just talked with your steward? Who gives a crap if you want to get your center manager fired, lord knows I want to. If no disciplinary action was taken such as a warning letter or suspension then let it be. Best thing to do is talk to your union steward and ask him to be in any meetings with your name present whether it's for disciplinary action or not.

F

Frankie's Friend

"Get me my Stewart, management puke!!!"
Screenshot_20181231-172722_Google.jpg

Skooney

I'd love to hear the other side of this story.

Either you're full of :censored2: and ran your mouth, and if that's not that case you need to stand up for yourself. Quit being a pusillanimous.