Issued Intent to Suspend notice

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

They always ramp-up attendance issues, heading into peak.

Just like in January.... when they start with all the things they let slide.
Delivery with bulk bead open, not tucking a mirror, not using four ways at one stop, sader? Sater? Account service failure (it was a new guy who had no idea) and the rest I believe were attendance. They’ve been ramping up observations and they’ve been planting fake misloads on car to see if drivers scan them. Guess they busted a few of them.

Delivery with bulk bead open, not tucking a mirror, not using four ways at one stop, sader? Sater? Account service failure (it was a new guy who had no idea) and the rest I believe were attendance. They’ve been ramping up observations and they’ve been planting fake misloads on car to see if drivers scan them. Guess they busted a few of them.
Thank goodness such a....strong contract was negotiated. Lol.

BestMgrEver

Hot girl summer
It's hard to know what to do in this situation because I thought they had to do a 1 day and a 3 day first.
But at the end of the day I don't know what exactly I'd be grieving since I was indeed not there.

I busted one of my teeth and needed a root canal and had an abscess. I was in tremendous pain and literally writhing in agony on the floor of my room until I got it fixed.
I had some complications with getting an appointment set up so I ended up having to call out multiple times.
I told my sup that I would get him a doctor's note but he never responded nor asked for it and didn't seem to care. The impression seemed to be that the doctor's note wasn't worth a :censored2:. I'm getting the feeling that they've already made up their mind about me and want me gone.

I'm not blameless in all of this as at the end of the day I am the one who wasn't there, but I was surprised that they jumped straight to the 5 day and that my steward flat out told me to not bother filing a grievance because they wouldn't fight for it.

Jeez I sent home 10 drivers today. Staffing must suck there

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I busted one of my teeth and needed a root canal and had an abscess. I was in tremendous pain and literally writhing in agony on the floor of my room until I got it fixed.

upload_2019-10-8_8-59-35.jpeg

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
It's hard to know what to do in this situation because I thought they had to do a 1 day and a 3 day first.
But at the end of the day I don't know what exactly I'd be grieving since I was indeed not there.

I had some complications with getting an appointment set up so I ended up having to call out multiple times.
I told my sup that I would get him a doctor's note but he never responded nor asked for it and didn't seem to care. The impression seemed to be that the doctor's note wasn't worth a :censored2:. I'm getting the feeling that they've already made up their mind about me and want me gone.

I'm not blameless in all of this as at the end of the day I am the one who wasn't there, but I was surprised that they jumped straight to the 5 day and that my steward flat out told me to not bother filing a grievance because they wouldn't fight for it.

You might want to review article 16 with your steward and see if anything there applies to your situation. If that doesn't go anywhere, you can talk to HR. If you have worked for at least 12 months and 1250 hrs in the last 12 months, even as a part timer, you are eligible for FMLA protection under both the contract and FMLA rules.

If you have worked for UPS for at least 36 months and at least 625 hrs in the last 12 months, you are eligible to leave protection under the contract. Generally these things have to be set up before hand, but there are exceptions for unforeseen medical situations. Since you informed your supervisor of your medical issue, and he failed to have you fill out the appropriate leave paperwork, you may have a chance to have your absences changed to FMLA covered absences, and eliminate your discipline altogether.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I got bit by a dog off the clock once and had to call out a few days, i had to literally go to the building and show the guy the bite marks. Then when I sued the people responsible I had to pay are medical back for it

Slug Life

When do we eat?
Attendance.
They didn't even give me the 1 day or 3 day suspension they somehow jumped straight to the 5 day.
They also got 2 other guys who barely ever call out so it looks like they are gunning for us.

Also in the meeting my steward said out loud in front of everyone that there's no point in filing a grievance because they don't bother fighting for attendance ones lol. so I'm guessing this is one of "those" locals.
Tell your company man Union Steward to go suck on Hoffa Jr.s balls some more. Start picking your own Union representative over them.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
You might want to review article 16 with your steward and see if anything there applies to your situation. If that doesn't go anywhere, you can talk to HR. If you have worked for at least 12 months and 1250 hrs in the last 12 months, even as a part timer, you are eligible for FMLA protection under both the contract and FMLA rules.

If you have worked for UPS for at least 36 months and at least 625 hrs in the last 12 months, you are eligible to leave protection under the contract. Generally these things have to be set up before hand, but there are exceptions for unforeseen medical situations. Since you informed your supervisor of your medical issue, and he failed to have you fill out the appropriate leave paperwork, you may have a chance to have your absences changed to FMLA covered absences, and eliminate your discipline altogether.
It has nothing to do with a sup. You call hrsc and Aetna, bring paperwork to your Dr., fill out your portion, fax it back. Possibly/likely watch it be denied, or delayed. A sup could point you in the right direction, or not.