It’s about to get real here in 705!

710 steward

....and what do you think a 50% reduction in contributions will do to an already struggling pension fund?

It should maintain the fund. There hasn’t been a pension increase in the ballpark of twenty years.

Do we keep asking the younger generation to continue to allow all of their increases knowing full well they’ll get the same numbers on their checks from generations ago? That doesn’t seem to be union either in my opinion. It’s time to reward those who are keeping the fund alive.

F

Frankie's Friend

710s pension is in trouble, gonna be below 80% soon. I seriously doubt any other locals presidents are also a BA. That’s right, our president is also still a BA. Just shows how broke 710 is but we have a multi million dollar union hall, yay! We also have a retired BA getting paid to be a “consultant”, receiving 2 pensions. 25 years and $2800 a month is poverty. Where is all this money going? Oh yea it’s being drained by bankrupt trucking companies. Wonder how much is in the strike fund, probably enough for a bologna sandwich.
There are many local presidents that are also BAs. You should maybe shoot from the hip less.

F

Frankie's Friend

It should maintain the fund. There hasn’t been a pension increase in the ballpark of twenty years.

Do we keep asking the younger generation to continue to allow all of their increases knowing full well they’ll get the same numbers on their checks from generations ago? That doesn’t seem to be union either in my opinion. It’s time to reward those who are keeping the fund alive.
May I ask what your pension pays monthly when retiring at 30 yrs?

babboo25

Banned

No way 50% reduction maintains the fund. BAs in 710 make close to $200k, lots of wasteful and irresponsible spending. Yes some of the that was Coli. 25 years of hard manual labor should get you more than $2800 month, $400 of which goes to pay for insurance. Poverty

710 steward

No way 50% reduction maintains the fund. BAs in 710 make close to $200k, lots of wasteful and irresponsible spending. Yes some of the that was Coli. 25 years of hard manual labor should get you more than $2800 month, $400 of which goes to pay for insurance. Poverty

The salaries of the the BA’s have zero to do with the pension and it’s funding. Once again please stop posting. You are embarrassing yourself.