It’s about to get real here in 705!

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I hate to break this to you, but if you think you’ll ever really get a pension increase than I am smarter than you. When the stock market dips(and eventually it will) so will the funding percentage. Only 401k contributions will help you now with less and less Teamster jobs.
What's gonna happen to your 401k when the stock market "eventually drops"???

710 steward

710s pension is in trouble, gonna be below 80% soon. I seriously doubt any other locals presidents are also a BA. That’s right, our president is also still a BA. Just shows how broke 710 is but we have a multi million dollar union hall, yay! We also have a retired BA getting paid to be a “consultant”, receiving 2 pensions. 25 years and $2800 a month is poverty. Where is all this money going? Oh yea it’s being drained by bankrupt trucking companies. Wonder how much is in the strike fund, probably enough for a bologna sandwich.

The fund is hanging around 88%. It is far from broken. However, it can’t sustain an increase either.

Please stop posting. You are embarrassing yourself.

710 steward

What's gonna happen to your 401k when the stock market "eventually drops"???

My 401k won’t ever run the risk of falling below 80% funded for any reason. The people keeping these funds alive deserve to be rewarded in other ways because pension increases look to be very unlikely.

BuckyBadger

Best I read, 710 was getting news back from UPS on Thursday in Romeoville. Has anything been said about that? What are the chances of 710 getting a contract settled before Peak?

babboo25

Banned
F2A9EF36-00B6-4872-B87D-512B8AE4D4BA.png
The fund is hanging around 88%. It is far from broken. However, it can’t sustain an increase either.

Please stop posting. You are embarrassing yourself.
88%???????? I’m so embarrassed

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
My 401k won’t ever run the risk of falling below 80% funded for any reason. The people keeping these funds alive deserve to be rewarded in other ways because pension increases look to be very unlikely.
Maybe your Local will allow UPS to pay their withdraw liability and create a new single payer pension fund, selling out all of the other Teamsters in your Local....

....like they IBT did in regards to the Central States Pension Fund in late 2007?

babboo25

Banned
Maybe your Local will allow UPS to pay their withdraw liability and create a single payer pension fund, selling out all of the other Teamsters in your Local.

....like the IBT did in regards to the Central States Pension Fund in late 2007?
Why should UPS foot the bill for non UPS employees?

710 steward

Maybe your Local will allow UPS to pay their withdraw liability and create a new single payer pension fund, selling out all of the other Teamsters in your Local....

....like they IBT did in regards to the Central States Pension Fund in late 2007?

I don’t favor leaving the fund. I favor splitting future increases 50/50. It rewards those keeping it alive and allows those collecting to rest easy that their monthly compensation is safe.

babboo25

Banned
No we all were wearing moving forward shirt. We will win a better a better contract then most hopefully I actually feel really good about this. It's a mid term election and a local union election and a contract year.
Just think if 705 and 710 started negotiations before the national we wouldn’t be dealing with 22.4s. Whats the benefit to having a separate contract if all we do is tweak the national?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I don’t favor leaving the fund. I favor splitting future increases 50/50. It rewards those keeping it alive and allows those collecting to rest easy that their monthly compensation is safe.
Are you proposing a "match" scenario, or a "fixed" Company 401k contribution?