It’s still just one step

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I never claimed Fed Ex said they would give two steps or more. Reread the post jack ass. I’m just pointing out that their strategy was well played to screw the topped out employees and keep the in range people from raising hell over one step. What would the fallout be a few senior people decide to retire early and get off the books. It was a despicable action by despicable company.
If you say so, jackass.

They have a step plan in place. When followed, those in steps 1 through 9 advance 1 step in a calendar year. Guess what happened?

59 Dano

View attachment 347799View attachment 347800

Someone posted this on Facebook today and I think explains very well how a lot of topped out senior Couriers feel about the situation.
Are these the same topped out senior couriers whose knee jerk reaction to mid-range employees who aren't happy with pay progression to shut up and be thankful they have a job? Because there's a crapload of them on there.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
If you say so, jackass.

They have a step plan in place. When followed, those in steps 1 through 9 advance 1 step in a calendar year. Guess what happened?
Are you not aware that there are unmonitored time card codes that can be used to milk the clock. Also, one can start obtaining signatures for resi-release packages. Many options for padding your paycheck.

Expect them.

59 Dano

Are you not aware that there are unmonitored time card codes that can be used to milk the clock. Also, one can start obtaining signatures for resi-release packages. Many options for padding your paycheck.

Expect them.
True, it's not uncommon for couriers to steal. If managers choose to be lax and let that crap happen, that's awful.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
Are these the same topped out senior couriers whose knee jerk reaction to mid-range employees who aren't happy with pay progression to shut up and be thankful they have a job? Because there's a crapload of them on there.
I don’t think so. Those idiots are still regurgitating that crap.

If you say so, jackass.

Every new hire that has come through the door since the step plan was introduced was promised a yearly raised in their interview. This company and you are disgusting pieces of s!?t

floridays

Sounds like you've got it together, bro.

Sounds like he noted a grievance, he noted a misrepresentation, some view it as a lie.

All you respond to is his thought of those that issued and support the misrepresentation.

Is there a step program, what defines a step?

If a new hire would ask you how long until I reach step 10, what would your response be?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Yes.

Considering that the published steps are LABELED "Step 1," "Step 2," and so on... you should be able to figure that out on your own.

"Beats me, I don't run the step program." That's what my response would be.
The prototypical manager. Lies, obfuscation, misrepresentation, ignorance. Never give a straight answer that you can be held accountable.

floridays

The prototypical manager. Lies, obfuscation, misrepresentation, ignorance. Never give a straight answer that you can be held accountable.
He's intelligent, with the answers he provided he knows damn well there is no step program.

I don't know the answer,
feel free to chime in @59 Dano

How many years has the step program been in existence?
How many of those years has there been no step increase?

By pay action the steps cannot be an annual occurance.

No one has the answer because it does not exist.

UPS and FedEx pilots know the precise date and amount of their next increase.

Line support and mechanics know precisely the time involved in their pay progression.

Certain job classifications are on a "10 step progression" that no one, Fred S included can tell anyone what the hell it is.

No 10 step progression exists.

Stat41

Yes.

Considering that the published steps are LABELED "Step 1," "Step 2," and so on... you should be able to figure that out on your own.

"Beats me, I don't run the step program." That's what my response would be.
Thats the problem with the step program. It lays out the pay in steps, but does not tell you when the steps would be. Could be 10 years, could be 20, may be never. It is just as if they told a new-hire they would be getting a regular 5 percent raise.....maybe..... sometime.....never. Worthless program. Worthless information. Unreliable. When the step program was announced to us, we were told that with this program, new hires and others would be topped out in 10 years or less. They lied.

Last edited:

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Same here. I’m not asking to get rich quick! Just a simple cost of living increase. It seems most companies are giving cola, pay raises. I still do a good job everyday. I promise I won’t do extra! I’m so pissed off at these greedy, ungrateful people! Could it be the company is actually in bad shape? Response didn’t help things either! Another dumbxxx move by FedEx and we’re gonna pay for it!
You’re learning. FedEx is all about the hourlies partaking in the sacrifices but never in the rewards. Greedy bastards.

yadig

Thats the problem with the step program. It lays out the pay in steps, but does not tell you when the steps would be. Could be 10 years, could be 20, may be never. It is just as if they told a new-hire they would be getting a regular 5 percent raise.....maybe..... sometime.....never. Worthless program. Worthless information. Unreliable. When the step program was announced to us, we were told that with this program, new hires and others would be topped out in 10 years or less. They lied.
They always lie! The share holder’s get taken care of though. Why does the pilot’s never miss out on raises or loose benefits? Because they hv a UNION!!