It’s still just one step

floridays

The Titans' defense is looking better this year. Good pressure from the front 7 and it's making it much easier on the secondary. Of course, it's just PS1 but I'll take any improvement over last year's disaster.
Green Bay fan myself.
I never liked the Houston Oilers.

Working4the1%

The Titans' defense is looking better this year. Good pressure from the front 7 and it's making it much easier on the secondary. Of course, it's just PS1 but I'll take any improvement over last year's disaster.
Omg. Now you think the preseason matters. You are more clueless than I thought

Stat41

He's intelligent, with the answers he provided he knows damn well there is no step program.

I don't know the answer,
feel free to chime in @59 Dano

How many years has the step program been in existence?
How many of those years has there been no step increase?

By pay action the steps cannot be an annual occurance.

No one has the answer because it does not exist.

UPS and FedEx pilots know the precise date and amount of their next increase.

Line support and mechanics know precisely the time involved in their pay progression.

Certain job classifications are on a "10 step progression" that no one, Fred S included can tell anyone what the hell it is.

No 10 step progression exists.
I think they announced the step program in 2016/2017. There has been no step increase given since then. None. It was just a clever play on words that the company used to give its employees a false hope of a regular pay progression. And now that they are having issues with employee retention, they are rolling out that same old playbook to try to placate the majority of them, for a short while at least, until once again they have realized they have been duped with only one increase with no assurance of others to come.

btrlov

step plan is pretty dishonest... but i have no sympathy for top earners. $10-13 pay gaps for doing the same job is pretty bad. And lets face it some of these old timer routes are not rocket science nor is it very labor instensive. And While they were getting good reviews and merit raises they rejected unionizition with no forsight for other employees that would not be under the old raise system

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
step plan is pretty dishonest... but i have no sympathy for top earners. $10-13 pay gaps for doing the same job is pretty bad. And lets face it some of these old timer routes are not rocket science nor is it very labor instensive. And While they were getting good reviews and merit raises they rejected unionizition with no forsight for other employees that would not be under the old raise system

Stat41

Im sorry, back when we worked for a company that treated us so well we didnt need a union, we should have pulled out the crystal ball and looked far into the future and saw where it wasnt going to treat YOU so well, and have taken action. Obviously we should have seen how they would quit merit raises and reviews, and the buying of TNT, Fedex Ground, and the future lack of good and compassionate leadership. How incredibly selfish and short-sighted of us not to do the impossible and vote a union in to help you out, Mr. Future.

MAKAVELI

Im sorry, back when we worked for a company that treated us so well we didnt need a union, we should have pulled out the crystal ball and looked far into the future and saw where it wasnt going to treat YOU so well, and have taken action. Obviously we should have seen how they would quit merit raises and reviews, and the buying of TNT, Fedex Ground, and the future lack of good and compassionate leadership. How incredibly selfish and short-sighted of us not to do the impossible and vote a union in to help you out, Mr. Future.
The pilots had a crystal ball and saw Fred S for what he was and is. The bottom line is you old timers dropped the ball and have no one to blame but yourselves.

falcon back

The pilots had a crystal ball and saw Fred S for what he was and is. The bottom line is you old timers dropped the ball and have no one to blame but yourselves.
People always belittle the old timers because they had better pay and benefits than newer employees. Now you say the old timers brought misery to themselves. How are they guilty of both?

NC man

From want I have read being under the RLA pretty much kills chances of a Union which is why Fred fought so hard to keep the company under it . No?

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
The pilots were already unionized when Fred acquired the Flying Tigers. Fred bought a unionized pilot group.

Unfortunately DGO didn't recognize the value and benefits to be reaped.

MAKAVELI

The pilots were already unionized when Fred acquired the Flying Tigers. Fred bought a unionized pilot group.

Unfortunately DGO didn't recognize the value and benefits to be reaped.
And while the Flying Tigers were union Federal Express pilots were not and had a long hard fight to be represented by the ALPA.