It Appears I'm Being Fired - Please help...

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
I don't see it. We're not going to pull someone in and ask him to confess all his sins without an idea of what we're looking for.

In this scenario if living refuses to answer any questions then living is probably out on the street begging to get back in.

Tie,

Let me paint you the picture to where you can see it my friend.

Yes, they pulled him in knowing darn well what they were looking for. The issue is that they were playing cutesie by the "do you have anything you want to tell us" routine. Conduct yourself as a professional, that is what I an trying to get across.

You ask questions that are interested in getting an answer to, and we will help you arrive at the truth.

Play games with your "investigation" and we will politely not answer until a meeting can be arraigned with your supervisor and the BA. AT that time, I am sure the questions will be to the point, and not a fishing trip of childish proportions.

d

tieguy

Banned
[/COLOR]

Tie,

Let me paint you the picture to where you can see it my friend.

Yes, they pulled him in knowing darn well what they were looking for. The issue is that they were playing cutesie by the "do you have anything you want to tell us" routine. Conduct yourself as a professional, that is what I an trying to get across.

You ask questions that are interested in getting an answer to, and we will help you arrive at the truth.

Play games with your "investigation" and we will politely not answer until a meeting can be arraigned with your supervisor and the BA. AT that time, I am sure the questions will be to the point, and not a fishing trip of childish proportions.

d

I think their overall actions indicate their intent was to be fair in this situation. One misguided question from individuals that are not professional interviewers does not indicate the intent to decieve if the rest of their actions do not support this intent.

You and I know this interview could have gone a lot worse for living then it did. I think the overall handling of this issue shows they were sincere in hearing all points and getting the truth.

That my friend is a a part of the painting you and others keep ignoring.

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
One misguided question from individuals

Tie, that one issue is what I have been addressing. That one misguided question is the only thing that I have objected to.

Everything else has been more than fair to Living. I know that someone with an attitude could have made it hard for him to be back. But UPS did the right thing by him.

It was that one little misguided question that was not kosher.

d

tieguy

Banned
Tie, that one issue is what I have been addressing. That one misguided question is the only thing that I have objected to.

Everything else has been more than fair to Living. I know that someone with an attitude could have made it hard for him to be back. But UPS did the right thing by him.

It was that one little misguided question that was not kosher.

d

Sounds like we have a hand shake.:happy-very:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Let there be peace on earth
And let it begin with me.
Let there be peace on earth
The peace that was meant to be.
With God as our father
Brothers all are we.
Let me walk with my brother
In perfect harmony.

Let peace begin with me
Let this be the moment now.
With every step i take
Let this be my solemn vow.
To take each moment
And live each moment
With peace eternally.
Let ther be peace on earth,
And let it begin with me.

ol'browneye

Hey Moreluck, I didn't see any big deal made about your 18000th post! I guess we'll have to wait for the 20000th post.

Off topic: who has the most posts here on the ol' BC?
My guess is Moreluck.

Livin the Dream?

Disillusioned UPSer
Tuesday 3:30pm.

My calls not returned from center manager or LM/Security.

See, now I'm just pissed - justified or not, I don't care.

Not going in for local sort, interviewing elsewhere at 4:30.

klein

Für Meno :)

You have 100% all of my symapthy.. Totally unfair.
So, where's the interview ? Any jobs on your mind you think of taking ?

Mind you, I still believe you'll get your job back... but they are just pissing you around . That'll end sooner or later.

UnconTROLLed

perfection

I don't understand - are you terminated? What are you calling about? You have not made it clear what happened, at least from what I read.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
It sounds like he may have been calling to check on the status of his case.

For what it's worth, stick around--I think things will work out in the end for you.

Is it really worth it though? He only has a year or two in at most. I could see if he was approaching 4 or 5 years, making a bit more money and more importantly close to vested into pension fund. MIght be time to move on.

hondo

promoted to mediocrity
He should at least wait for a decision on his termination. To walk away now is premature. If the termination is upheld, well that's that. If it's reduced or deadlocked, then he should re-evaluate his UPS career.
I didn't notice, did he say what his union rep. has said about this? Maybe he should be calling him/her instead of center manager/LM/LP. Has there even been a local hearing?

dannyboy

From the promised LAND
If you are a no call, no show for the sort, that pretty much puts an end to it anyway.

So unless you intend to walk away, make that call.

d