It would appear we are royally :censored:ed

21Savage

Do your guys buildings pile all the Monday work in the trucks on top of the Saturday work during peak?

I hate that sh**. I'm sure there's some kind of logic behind it but I don't know what it is. And how does local sort decipher what is pickups and what is Monday work when unnloading without carefully examining each piece? They basically have to take everything off and redo it anyways right?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Do your guys buildings pile all the Monday work in the trucks on top of the Saturday work during peak?

I hate that sh**. I'm sure there's some kind of logic behind it but I don't know what it is. And how does local sort decipher what is pickups and what is Monday work when unnloading without carefully examining each piece? They basically have to take everything off and redo it anyways right?
Did today. Dumbest :censored2:ing idea ever. Digging through a truck looking for a package where 80% of the packages are for Monday delivery.

Red Devil

The Power of Connected

Yes. I just said :censored2: it and delivered everything. Except for the businesses and a few really annoying driveways. The bid guy can deal with those Monday lol.

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.

Do you not segregate your pickups and Monday work? The Monday loader just loads on top of what’s in the truck from Saturday.

21Savage

That’s so stupid. If it’s in the truck it’s getting attempted. Scan every package.
Business is closed on Saturday. Attempt all you want. It's not going anywhere. All that business isn't in the board or in your edd anyways so unlesss it's a huge bulk stop you know is going to be open, there's nothing you can do.

Brownslave688

Are you guys being forced on Saturdays now? They are forcing but also begging for volunteers here.
Yes every driver 6 days a week until the new year.

If it’s anything like last year all it does is make your Monday light as hell. Last year we had guys working 9-10 hour days at time and a half on Saturday then standing around for 4 hours on Monday to get their 8.

Cowboy Mac

Business is closed on Saturday. Attempt all you want. It's not going anywhere. All that business isn't in the board or in your edd anyways so unlesss it's a huge bulk stop you know is going to be open, there's nothing you can do.
My route is 80 percent business, but a majority of them are open Saturdays. I use LeftAt a lot on Saturday. It also helps to have a good relationship with your customers.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman

if it didn't get loaded onto the car it would have to go into a retain trailer instead, which just adds more bull:censored2: to the preload

if they can load it, keep it sorta segregated from the sat crap, and you get a chance to deliver it maybe too, why wouldn't they save themselves the handles?

the LS just looks at the human readables on the packages and ignore anything with your building # and unload everything else, simple as

no because our monday work was all PALd to the 7 and 8000 sections so it all has to be unloaded and reloaded
no, it doesn't have to be unloaded or reloaded else it never would have even gone on your car

if it didn't get loaded onto the car it would have to go into a retain trailer instead, which just adds more bull:censored2: to the preload

if they can load it, keep it sorta segregated from the sat crap, and you get a chance to deliver it maybe too, why wouldn't they save themselves the handles?

the LS just looks at the human readables on the packages and ignore anything with your building # and unload everything else, simple as

no, it doesn't have to be unloaded or reloaded else it never would have even gone on your car
Now if they can only get the lineup right and match the Saturday loads with the Monday loads.

Brownslave688

It’s all getting unloaded and reloaded trust me. You couldn’t even get the back door open because of all of the crap that was put on it for Monday.

This is so typical of dumb IE moves. You think you’re saving 30 minutes worth of work on the preload but you’re costing every driver tons of time sifting through the BS.

It should absolutely go in a retain trailer and be resorted on Monday. It’s the common sense move.

Est.1998

It’s all getting unloaded and reloaded trust me. You couldn’t even get the back door open because of all of the crap that was put on it for Monday.

This is so typical of dumb IE moves. You think you’re saving 30 minutes worth of work on the preload but you’re costing every driver tons of time sifting through the BS.

It should absolutely go in a retain trailer and be resorted on Monday. It’s the common sense move.
Last year, i organized my Monday stuff on Saturday thinking it would make for an easy Monday. When i came in Monday, everything was in a different location.
I'm kinda thinking they do unload and reload everything.