its finally over

DS

Fenderbender
I dont know about you guys but I'm pretty fried.The last 3 weeks have been a challenge to say the least.I'm pretty sure this is the heaviest peak I've ever been through.Almost every driver was doing 11-12 hour days and some 14.I personally got through with no missed,thanks to a great oncar sup that listens.Its nice to relax .now I gotta go christmas shopping:)

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
ours went pretty well. volume was actually down from last year. I think our highest this year was 500/550 %. Last year we had 700%. But i know every one here is beat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and we pretty much did it with out our on rd sup. We did have DM and LR MGR for the past 2 weeks. Thats been fun. Oh well, at least we get a 4 day weekend to R/R over new years.

Dirty Savage

Paranoid Android
It's not even close to being over for me. The powers that be have decreed that we should all go in to work tomorrow - Saturday - to unload our freight and then deliver it. I already have like 50 stops to start the day with for tomorrow plus whatever else I get. Lord only knows what kind of shenanigans will ensue on monday.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
they were asking us today if we wanted to volunteer tomorrow. We had air that didn't get to us until 4pm this afternoon. thank god they got it covered w/o me!!!!

Big Babooba

You mean it's almost finally over. Sometimes Christmas Eve can be just as hectic. Whenever I hope to have an early day, something manages to bite me in the ass and ruin my plan. One year we had a driver blow his engine 24 miles from the center. It was around 4 PM and It blew at his last stop. Of course it took forever to get him towed back.

LKLND3380

I am just waiting for the preload supe to come in a say...

You'll get 8 cans of air and 5 shuttles... :sad-very:

Should be here at 10:00am:surprised:

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I will be heading in to work shortly (8 am) to help deliver air that didn't show up until late yesterday afternoon. The extra money is always nice this time of year and my family won't be coming in until tomorrow so what the heck. Believe it or not, I didn't punch out later than 6pm any night during peak, which included one day of 233 stops, 400+ pkgs, 20+ p/u's, and a couple of OCA's. That's another reason I have chosen to work today--I didn't get any more overtime than I do during the rest of the year. How was this possible? I had an awesome helper who ran his ass off while taking the time to do the job right. No concerns, no DFU's (and little or no overtime). Besides, the mall will still be open tonight.

W

westsideworma

Our biggest day was this monday with over 54,000pcs. We had a ridiculous amount of air yesterday though. I'm not sure on the exact amount but I didn't leave work until almost 12:30pm (hello OT). After that I met a couple of drivers on my line with their air on my way home (as its the town I live in anyway). I am glad this PEAK is nearly over...I am beyond exhausted. They wanted me to run the preload saturday sort too, but I was asleep when they called (just got the message now haha).

diesel96

Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor ? JB

I remember some nightmare weeks after peak ended. Everyone got layed off, rentals dissapeared, and routes were combined until volume started picking up again. And I'd actual had to walk to the front door of my residentials...God did I miss my helper. I admit, I get spoiled easy...

upsdude

I had an awesome helper this year, new hire on the pre-load. He could use either DIAD (4’s for drivers, 3’s for helpers), had plenty of hustle, and was always on time.

For my little corner of the world, this peak and last years went well.

Pollocknbrown

Ha ha ya, last night we got crushed by air, 12 cans (usually like 5) plus a 2da/ 3ds trailer from louisville and a railbox + 1/2 a 28 footer full of 2da/3ds from Philly, was about to leave and the supe came up and asked if i wanted more time and explained that the philly trucks just shower up.

was nice tho, i got to bury the sorter i hate more than anyhting or anyone that is in management or associated with the CO.

jason67rs

Monday looks bad for us, we had to return all our rentals on Sat. We only have 39 cars so 39 routes is it for Mon. many going out with 11 hours on a day when we could have time worked and be home early. Such is life at UPS.

browniehound

"Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor ?"

One of the greatest movie lines of all time!