It's Going to be Epic part 2

JL 0513

Next year, Walmart, Costco, Kohl's, Best Buy, and Macy's join in on the same weekend. Yay!!

These companies make no consideration about the debacle this creates for shipping companies. You'd get more sales if you chose a different weekend.

Returntosender

Next year, Walmart, Costco, Kohl's, Best Buy, and Macy's join in on the same weekend. Yay!!

These companies make no consideration about the debacle this creates for shipping companies. You'd get more sales if you chose a different weekend.
What if the consumers spent all the gift money on the first retailer sales event ?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Nah they'll just send 4 package cars
We had a larger shipper that shipped out tires. Got to the point they sent 4 trucks there every day. Someone said just sent a feeder

center manager: I’ll send every damn package car in town there before I send a feeder.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
We had a larger shipper that shipped out tires. Got to the point they sent 4 trucks there every day. Someone said just sent a feeder

center manager: I’ll send every damn package car in town there before I send a feeder.

We have the same thing. They'll send 6 package cars to stop there on their way in and take what will fit. I have received two different answers from Center Managers as to why.

One center manager said that it is too expensive to send a trailer to pick them up. If that's the case, fine, save money. Another center manager said that if feeders picks them up, the package center will not get the credit for the pieces. OK? So waste a lot of money just to make your center look good?

I don't know which reason is correct, but it sound pretty stupid either way.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We have the same thing. They'll send 6 package cars to stop there on their way in and take what will fit. I have received two different answers from Center Managers as to why.

One center manager said that it is too expensive to send a trailer to pick them up. If that's the case, fine, save money. Another center manager said that if feeders picks them up, the package center will not get the credit for the pieces. OK? So waste a lot of money just to make your center look good?

I don't know which reason is correct, but it sound pretty stupid either way.
Yep. All of our feeders are based out of somewhere else and that’s the reason I’d heard also.

oldngray

nowhere special
Yep. All of our feeders are based out of somewhere else and that’s the reason I’d heard also.
The center gets credit for the pieces if package cars pick them up. They don't if a feeder does it. All a numbers game and the centers profit picture. Every center is like a company within the company and has its own profit numbers.

SaladTosser

Kill me now
Well that’s funny. They wouldn’t hesitate to send a feeder to the target on my old route. I would only have to pick up the air.