It's The Economy -tupid

Thebrownblob

My I Bonds & CD's are loving the interest rate hike. Life is good.
You are not an everyday working American anymore. A mortgage within the last five years, three kids, a couple car payments, and a job who’s salary has not kept up with inflation is making it near impossible for the next generation to get what you got.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
You are not an everyday working American anymore. A mortgage within the last five years, three kids, a couple car payments, and a job who’s salary has not kept up with inflation is making it near impossible for the next generation to get what you got.
Live within your means. Plan, invest & save for the future. There are side hustles available to come up with extra money.

vantexan

This is America. Nobody holds your hand here, you’re on your own. I think it’s ironic that Republicans are the ones complaining about how tough it is these days, even as wage growth is beating inflation.

Grab them bootstraps, America! Pull, pull, pull! Isn’t this what makes us great? Work harder! Better keep the wolf from the door! Produce!!!!
If wage growth is beating inflation then there's no need to raise the minimum wage, right? No need to complain about rent, groceries, or gas prices either, right? Everyone is doing swell.

Next Day Err

If wage growth is beating inflation then there's no need to raise the minimum wage, right? No need to complain about rent, groceries, or gas prices either, right? Everyone is doing swell.
I’m not saying it’s not tough out there if someone is a loser. It’s tough. But America is built on there being winners and losers, right?

vantexan

I’m not saying it’s not tough out there if someone is a loser. It’s tough. But America is built on there being winners and losers, right?
So you regard tens of millions as losers if they aren't doing well? You do realize that in order for many corporations to exist they have to rely on workers willing to settle for less?

vantexan

Illegals aren’t dumb enough to work that cheap
Don't know about illegals from 160+ countries but Mexicans come in with a strategy. They share a rental with a dozen or more others. Throw a small mattress or sleeping bag down where there's an open spot. Share the cost of beans and tortillas and electricity. Their expenses are so low they can send a lot of money home. And many of them go back when they've made enough to build a house and start a business in Mexico. Pretty smart.

Thebrownblob

Don't know about illegals from 160+ countries but Mexicans come in with a strategy. They share a rental with a dozen or more others. Throw a small mattress or sleeping bag down where there's an open spot. Share the cost of beans and tortillas and electricity. Their expenses are so low they can send a lot of money home. And many of them go back when they've made enough to build a house and start a business in Mexico. Pretty smart.
They’re not dumb and they’re pretty damn hard workers. It’s not their fault Our government is stupid.