It's time. What is the outcome of the election going to be

Will Oz win?

• Total voters

542thruNthru

I'd be happy if the union simply enforced the contract. Oh- and not give UPS whatever it wants. Lol.
That's more of a local issue. But I'm curious to see if we have PVDs next year (since 804 blamed the current IBT for allowing them to continue after their arbitration win.) And if we'll have cameras still in package cars since that was also blamed on the current IBT. My point is things are more complicated then people think and the new IBT executive board has a lot of unfair expectations put on them already without including all their campaign promises.

nWo

I really hope the new administration can negotiate a fair contract without having to strike. Y'all really think Amazon can't send a trailer to Bath and Body works to take that account from us? Or Target? Or Petco? A lot of our accounts will drop us before risk losing their customers.

A strike should not be the goal.

542thruNthru

It will probably get longer in exchange to get rid of the 22.4 drivers
4 years is already insane. Getting rid of 22.4s and extending progression to 5 years plus probably eliminating the "every one on 9.5 list" language inside the 22.4 article would be a loss for us in my opinion.

Lots of things will have to be considered this next contract. Luckily pensions for help so that will help us a lot.

cachmeifucan

I'm going to definitely bookmark this thread for 2023. This reminds me of listening to a teams
fans when they get the first overall draft pick. Suddenly their whole life is going to change.....

Hope it all happens but some of you have HUGE wish lists.
Id like better raises and a pension increase. That shouldn't be that hard.

4 years is already insane. Getting rid of 22.4s and extending progression to 5 years plus probably eliminating the "every one on 9.5 list" language inside the 22.4 article would be a loss for us in my opinion.

Lots of things will have to be considered this next contract. Luckily pensions for help so that will help us a lot.
I guess we'll find out in August 2023

cachmeifucan

I think ups already realized that 4 years progression is to long to attract new drivers. My raises barely keep up with inflation so have i gotten a raise in 10 years doesn't seem like it.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
76C97DD4-85E3-47E0-BA2E-909E86CAA777.jpeg

cachmeifucan

He'll agree with the company to let everybody get vaccinated....
Thats what i was thinking even though osha stopped pushing it because of a court order. All the lawsuits have been combined so i think its the 6th circuit court thats very conservative. 16 r 3 dems. It has to go in front of a 3 judges 1st but a motion has been filed to skip it and go right to the higher level. And thats 16 rep and 3 dems. So if Fed lost they would have to be appeal straight to Supreme Court.

Thats what i was thinking even though osha stopped pushing it because of a court order. All the lawsuits have been combined so i think its the 6th circuit court thats very conservative. 16 r 3 dems. It has to go in front of a 3 judges 1st but a motion has been filed to skip it and go right to the higher level. And thats 16 rep and 3 dems. So if Fed lost they would have to be appeal straight to Supreme Court.
If the vaccine stopped the spread I could see them trying to force people to get it but since it does not stop it I do not see the point of forcing it on everyone