January flavor of the month

barnyard

KTM rider
Wait, how does scanning a package as a misload add the said packages to your diad? Whenever I have had misloads, EVERY day, they do not show up in my EDD when I scan them as misloads??

Scan them as a misload and if you click Y that you will deliver, the OMS should send the package back to your manifest. You 'accept' it and if you have not delivered it at the end of the day, you will be prompted to 'change routes', change routes and there will be the package.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Scan them as a misload and if you click Y that you will deliver, the OMS should send the package back to your manifest. You 'accept' it and if you have not delivered it at the end of the day, you will be prompted to 'change routes', change routes and there will be the package.

Sounds like way too much work for me----force it in.

kingOFchester

never had the OMS send the package info back to me. Thanks for the info./

barnyard

KTM rider
If you take packages from another driver, you can transfer EDD, where the packages are scanned and you hold the board together in a cloacal kiss and the information is transferred. The packages are removed from the original board and put on the helping driver's board. There are several advantages to doing it, including double checking to make sure nothing in the area was missed.

kingOFchester

If you take packages from another driver, you can transfer EDD, where the packages are scanned and you hold the board together in a cloacal kiss and the information is transferred. The packages are removed from the original board and put on the helping driver's board. There are several advantages to doing it, including double checking to make sure nothing in the area was missed.

Oh I have made board love many many times. My board always seems to be the catcher, not the pitcher. :(

barnyard

KTM rider
never had the OMS send the package info back to me. Thanks for the info./

It is stupid not to. If you find a misload and send it in, by sending it back, it removes it from the where it should be so that the other driver is not spending 10 minutes looking for a package that is not there. I think it is easier to deliver something loaded in the board then manually typing in and over-riding an out of area address. But that is me. I am not a UPS god.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It is stupid not to. If you find a misload and send it in, by sending it back, it removes it from the where it should be so that the other driver is not spending 10 minutes looking for a package that is not there. I think it is easier to deliver something loaded in the board then manually typing in and over-riding an out of area address. But that is me. I am not a UPS god.

Your DIAD has all of the address information for your area and for the other areas in your loop. Generally you type in the first few letters and the street name will appear.

DIAD transfer is the preferred method as it allows you to deliver out of EDD and makes sure that you have all of the packages for that area but sometimes going "old school" is just as quick.

barnyard

KTM rider
Your DIAD has all of the address information for your area and for the other areas in your loop. Generally you type in the first few letters and the street name will appear.

DIAD transfer is the preferred method as it allows you to deliver out of EDD and makes sure that you have all of the packages for that area but sometimes going "old school" is just as quick.

Maybe I was not being clear.

I will try one more time.

The area I was delivering WAS NOT IN MY BOARD.

I delivered 60 stops yesterday, 35 or so were in my area, the rest when the address came up I had to override.

I know how to use a diad.

Going 'old school' would have required overriding EVERY street as they WERE NOT IN THE BOARD.

Geez, are you really that dense?????

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I chose my words very, very carefully to avoid name calling.

I think dense is appropriate.

Okie dokie. To borrow a phrase from 407, "It's on like Donkey Kong."

By the time you send in all of the misloads and wait for the OMS to turn them around so that the data is in your EDD I would have had the area delivered. Just sayin'.

barnyard

KTM rider
By the time you send in all of the misloads and wait for the OMS to turn them around so that the data is in your EDD I would have had the area delivered. Just sayin'.

What about the 45 stops I delivered before the 5 misloads. I got back info for the misloads 2 hours before I got to the area.

2 hours.