January flavor of the month

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We have actually been chewed out for wearing brown under armor with a gold symbol. Been told to fold down the turtle neck part because the under armor symbol was showing.

I don't understand why we don't let Nike or under armor or someone design our uniforms? Sounds like a win win for both companies a huge PR get.

Brownslave688

"On the next Project Runway, we have our designers rework the staid and boring UPS uniform."

I mean in our 100+ years have our uniforms ever been cool? Ill take a guess that at no point in history has brown been "in" so much that our uniforms were hip or cool.

Brownslave688

My son bought me an Under Armour shirt for Christmas. I love it---it is much warmer than any turtleneck I have ever worn. I may have to spring for the pants.

Yep cold gear and a long sleeve shirt is all I need to wear until it starts getting colder than 10 degrees maybe even colder. The wind doesn't cut thru it at all either. Only prob I have is it itches the crap out of my chest hair.

barnyard

KTM rider
I started wearing their 'keep you cool' shirts this past summer. I know never is a long time, but I will never not wear them in the heat again. What a difference.

Do not get the heaviest of the bottoms. I have 2 or 3 pair, they are too warm for anything over 10 degrees. The light weight are good for most winter days. Even the mid-weight are too warm, unless it is really windy or below 10 or so.

Brownslave688

I mean how awesome would it be to have that lightweight stuff as our uniform in the summer. They make some polos that would be super comfortable and very stylish. A boy can dream right.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

While I like my hoodies like the next driver, the reason for cracking down is understandable. Anyone can go to a Modell's, Dick's or any sporting goods store and get some brown hoodie and a pair of similar colored Dickies pants. Then you have someone impersonate an driver and break in and assault someone in their home, like what happened in California over the summer. Still, if I was the one receiving the package I am looking for an emblem on your clothes or, even better, your truck behind you. But, that's me.

So I didn't like the rule, but when our center manager said we better not get caught even once on the road I adapted. I could because I knew where mgmt and corporate were coming from.

barnyard

KTM rider
I wear my sweatshirt under my UPS vest. If it gets colder, under my UPS jacket. The only part visible is the sleeves and hood.

The UPS emblem on my raincoat was pulled off by the seatbelt. The iron-on patches are not nearly as durable as the sewn on emblems. Cheaper looking too.

Shifting Contents

Most Help Needed
never had the OMS send the package info back to me. Thanks for the info./

It is stupid not to. If you find a misload and send it in, by sending it back, it removes it from the where it should be so that the other driver is not spending 10 minutes looking for a package that is not there. I think it is easier to deliver something loaded in the board then manually typing in and over-riding an out of area address. But that is me. I am not a UPS god.

That's different than here. OMS doesn't have to send it back for it to come out of the other persons board. Sending it in is enough to get that done.

QKRSTKR

I have sent in many off rtes, I have never had the stop sent to my Diad to update my manifest. I put it on shelf behind last stops of day so I don't forget it if I said y to del.

QKRSTKR

We have guys who actually got brown sweatshirts and hoodie zip ups and put some cheesy lookin UPS symbol. Own worst enemies sometimes. It s only a matter of time hear. I do see feeders wear some personal screen print stuff, sometimes with the name of the hub they run out of. Under armor hats are another big one people wear. I did get some under armor under shirts too for Xmas, brown. Boy are they nice. And anyone cold needs to move a bit more. I wear a vest at most. Cant stand working in coat.