Jeans allowed in management now

Dragon

Package Center Manager
>effective immediately all management and admin employees can wear jeans every day

i guess this is how UPS thinks they’ll keep the millenials from quitting at Glenlake

It's all the outside management people we are hiring, business casual = so 2005..jeans w/dress shirt = 2018 baby!
and before you ask, yes its still about SPC, any other questions will wait its almost 3pm and time to go home!

Box Ox

jeans w/dress shirt = 2018 baby!

Sounds pretty 2012 to me.

30wwlr7.jpg

Dr.Brownz

It's all the outside management people we are hiring, business casual = so 2005..jeans w/dress shirt = 2018 baby!
and before you ask, yes its still about SPC, any other questions will wait its almost 3pm and time to go home!

Laughable. Go waste some more of the companies money puppet.

F

Frankie's Friend

Back in the day, a part-time supe would jump in the truck you were loading and give you

a break to watch them. Everyone of them went home with a dirty shirt. They even tucked

their tie in, so as not to get caught on anything.
I've already had their loads for 90 days prior to them get "promoted?".
I'll pass.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
i’m going to track down george willis at his next stop and ask him for shorts and birkenstocks next

tUCKsEDO

Don't worry in 20 years, those and neck tattoos might be mandatory.
lol. Something I do not understand is how visible tattoos are still something to talk about. Think about all of the things HR at ANY job protects under the different 'protected class' rules. There are far more people in this world with tattoos, let alone beards for Christ's sake, than make up the individuals who fall under Most of the 'protected class' lists. They allow Mohawks to slide at our center, but not day-old stubble. So friend@*%*$g stupid.

Only a few local governments – including Washington, D.C.; Madison, Wisconsin; Santa Cruz, California; and Urbana, Illinois – currently prohibit discrimination based on “personal appearance,” which would include discrimination for visible body art. Sam’s Club, Inc. v. Madison EEOC, 668 N.W.2d 562 (Wis. App. 2003).

I reside and work in WI, none of us are allowed to have visible tattoos :confused: over 40% of 18-40 year olds have tattoos. Sounds to me that is the demographic they are looking for drivers in.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Years ago, one of the funniest things I ever saw at ups...

Part-time supe. that couldn't find his ass if he used both hands, was walking along the main conveyor (which was off ) during break. Someone called out to him and when he turned to reply, he smacked into one of those big circular fans that was on. Forty years of dust and dirt instantly transferred to that white shirt; picture the old cartoons where the guy is holding a lit bomb and then blackened the next second.
Lol We used to throw overgood bath cubes at the fans. They would explode on impact and dust would fly!