Jesus was married

texan

You have four witnesses that chronicled almost every detail of his life, yet this was never mentioned
or inferred in any way.

The four witnesses are Luke, Mark, John and Matthew.

I rest with their account, as I believe their writings are inspired by the Spirit of G_d.

menotyou

bella amicizia
You have four witnesses that chronicled almost every detail of his life, yet this was never mentioned
or inferred in any way.

I rest with their account, as I believe their writings are inspired by the Spirit of G_d.
:bpotd:

bbsam

Staff member
or inferred in any way.

Perhaps Christ is not yet done revealing himself.

bbsam

Staff member
I think this new 'discovery' is bogus. Why was there nothing else ever found abut him being married?
It's actually a strange suggestion to make considering the strong marriage allegory throughout the New Testament to suggest that this is evidence of marriage rather than a referernce as Christ the bridegroom to the church rather farfetched.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Perhaps we don't know anything about him it was in fact 2000 years ago and was long after that before any bible was attempted to be written. When said bible was written only the good exciting stuff was put in. It's like an E true Hollywood story for Jesus lol

moreluck

golden ticket member
How come it's been years since this was speculated in DaVinci Code by Dan Brown ? Somebody needed to respond the the Mohammed pedophile stuff.

Mary Magdalene was mentioned many times in the bible......you'd think at sometime, someone would've said, "oh, by the way,that was his wife."

Doesn't even make sense.

over9five

Staff member
Mary Magdalene was mentioned many times in the bible......you'd think at sometime, someone would've said, "oh, by the way,that was his wife."

Doesn't even make sense.

I agree. Can't a guy have a women friend without being married to her?

ajblakejr

Age quod agis
With respect...

I like to believe Jesus was a man of great integrity.
And because he was a man and a leader among men...I believe it is foolish to believe he did not marry.
He was of flesh and blood with desires.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
With respect...

I like to believe Jesus was a man of great integrity.
And because he was a man and a leader among men...I believe it is foolish to believe he did not marry.
He was of flesh and blood with desires.

Now now there's no reason to bring Integrity into this. What did he ever do to you.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Sam Kinison was a nut. He was son of a preacher and a preacher himself. I can take it comically that no woman would put up with Jesus's shenanigans.(like Sam said)
Samuel Burl "Sam" Kinison (December 8, 1953 – April 10, 1992) was an American stand-up comedian and actor. Kinison was known for his intense, harsh and politically incorrect genre humor. A former Pentecostal preacher, he performed stand-up routines that were most often characterized by an intense style, similar to enthusiastic preachers, punctuated by his trademark scream

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
The Gospels we read in the modern version of the bible were heavily edited by men with political and, more importantly, chauvanist agendas.

There are many Gospels that for one reason or another were not included in the final manuscript of the modern Bible.

Jesus was a Jewish male who, by law and social custom, would almost certainly have been married. The fact that the Bible makes no mention of this does not mean that it is not true. His marital status, whether mentioned in the Bible or not, in no way affects the truth and validity of His teachings.

Yup,her name was Mary
here's the link...
google
He was a carpenter who liked his wine also. The only real thing that matters is it all comes down too a man dying on the cross to save the world. Then he rose from the dead and he did what he said he would do. I l ow he loves me very much. He hung with misfits and people who had flaws some serious ones at that. Does anything else really matter other than what is listed in this paragraph.