Health Insurance- Didn't turn in divorce decree to remove my ex! I just got remarried.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Also comp has gotten far far worse since 1999. I had comp surgery in 98 and it was way smoother than one I had 10 years ago.
I’m sure the insurance has tightened. Also, as long as I was out, and I was out nearly a year, my pension contributions never stopped. They changed that to 6 months I believe.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Don’t be getting soft on me bro, just busting your balls.
IMG_4013.jpeg

Weird....When I got divorced, part of the agreement (order) was that I maintain insurance for her until one of us remarried. Thought that was normal? Now, I'm not saying I know the legality of it all, but I have a hard time believing the judge would order me to commit fraud.

When I did remarry, a simple call to the hall got the ex dropped and the new wife added.
He can't order you to commit fraud, and he can't order an insurance company to insure someone if they're not a dependent of the insured. You were probably supposed to pay her COBRA premium.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Thinking?

wrong area of the body that is doing the controlling....obviously.

Newer, younger, sleeker model is always a product in demand. It's just how to pay for it...and when you use fraud it can catch up with you.
Easy enough to get laid without getting married. If that becomes a stipulation. Goodbye

Trailer monkey

Please don't judge. I never turned my divorce decree in when my wife of 23 years and I got divorced 3 years ago. I felt responsible to her and our kids because of her health issues. I thought I was doing the right thing and in Texas you aren't allowed to keep an ex on health insurance, I was supposed to remove her within 30 days, and she could choose to do COBRA. I just married the women I left her for thinking I wouldn't get married again and due to her losing her job and needing insurance I married her. I am afraid of the ramifications of my ex still being on it. What are the ramifications here? I am a couple years from retirement and worked for UPS 25 years now.
Insurance fraud, get a lawyer

reginald95

You sir, have committed insurance fraud. Just hope that your ex wife didn't use the benefits that much because you will have to pay back all that money+premiums if they choose not to file charges.

wayfair

swollen member
In the decree, were/are you responsible for any health coverage/alimony. That would save you, BUT, the decree has to state that.
edit: didn't know it had to go to COBRA for the x.

Last edited:

govols019

You smell that?
I believe Cobra for my ex-wife was $300 a week in 1998..that was her only choice when we got divorced.

Her staying on my insurance for free was never even an option.