Health Insurance- Didn't turn in divorce decree to remove my ex! I just got remarried.

Goodson01

Please don't judge. I never turned my divorce decree in when my wife of 23 years and I got divorced 3 years ago. I felt responsible to her and our kids because of her health issues. I thought I was doing the right thing and in Texas you aren't allowed to keep an ex on health insurance, I was supposed to remove her within 30 days, and she could choose to do COBRA. I just married the women I left her for thinking I wouldn't get married again and due to her losing her job and needing insurance I married her. I am afraid of the ramifications of my ex still being on it. What are the ramifications here? I am a couple years from retirement and worked for UPS 25 years now.

Last edited:

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Please don't judge. I didn't turn the divorce decree in when my wife of 23 years and I got divorced 3 years ago. I had left her when she was sick and felt responsible to her and my children for her wellbeing. I thought I was doing the right thing and in Texas you aren't allowed to keep an ex on health insurance, you are to turn it in within 30 days to remove them so they will get information from COBRA. Now I have gotten married to the women I left her for, and she is wanting my insurance now. I am afraid of the ramifications of my ex still being on it. She hasn't always had to use it ither than when she was unemployed and needed procedures. What are the ramifications here? I am a couple years from retirement and worked for UPS 25 years now.
Fake

542thruNthru

Please don't judge. I never turned my divorce decree in when my wife of 23 years and I got divorced 3 years ago. I felt responsible to her and our kids because of her health issues. I thought I was doing the right thing and in Texas you aren't allowed to keep an ex on health insurance, I was supposed to remove her within 30 days, and she could choose to do COBRA. I just married the women I left her for thinking I wouldn't get married again and due to her losing her job and needing insurance I married her. I am afraid of the ramifications of my ex still being on it. What are the ramifications here? I am a couple years from retirement and worked for UPS 25 years now.
Sounds like you need to remove your ex and see what happens.

Ramifications? Prison.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Call a lawyer.

If Texas law states that.... you could be liable to reimburse your insurance company.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

If she not yo wife you gonna pay brah anyway you spin it. You gonna pay

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Thank you. I was wondering if I would, or she would be. I know this can't be the only time people have done this. The marriage was over, but I still cared about her health.
Shouldn’t have divorced her could have worked out a deal. you’ll pay her insurance for a shot of that good stuff once in awhile