Job Interview at Express tomorrow!

Maui

FedEx does what they want. Non-DOT are not subject to HOS, but FedEx still enforces 14 hour rule and 10 hour reset for all drivers. They do not enforce 70/8.

Why? I don't know.

Star B

White Lightening
well, that's an Express rule to make their life (and compliance) easier.... not the law. If they are not driving a DOT truck for the rolling week, then they do not need to follow the federal rules. However, I can't drive a non-dot truck for 60.01 hours for 5 days and then jump into a Reach.

They do not enforce 70/8.

My manager watches 60/7 because that's the one most couriers will bust due to always getting Sunday off and Saturday is typically not a full day, therefore meeting the 34 hour reset to 0 on Monday.

Last edited:

Maui

Your manager does that just because. FedEx operates 7 days per week; therefore, the 70/8 rule applies.

The only time 60/7 matters is if a VP or director makes a push due to overtime. Or maybe the senior. It has no meaning otherwise. You are right that it is not the law for Non-DOT. Just FedEx policy.

bbsam

Staff member
It doesn't matter if he's working for Joe Blow. Technically he can't work at 2 opcos. Not saying it doesn't happen. But if both Express and Ground are in the same area he is more likely to be found out and face possible DOT HOS violations.
If there is an accident or complaint and the company finds out, contract immediately terminated.

bbsam

Staff member
Something's only illegal if you get caught. ;)
Maybe your station management is cool. Ours is made of a-hole nit-picky jags. They live to DQ drivers.

"I'm tired of drivers doing the same things over and over and getting a slap on the wrist." Direct quote before he DQ'd a driver. Hell, you'd think it was HIS driver with a statement like that.

Company sure does make it look like a co-employee situation at times. They insist it isn't though. Yeah. Right.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Company sure does make it look like a co-employee situation at times. They insist it isn't though. Yeah. Right.

We tried to tell you that for years.

Glad that you're starting to see this garbage company in a whole new light.

And oh by the way, I'm retired now.

bbsam

Staff member
We tried to tell you that for years.

Glad that you're starting to see this garbage company in a whole new light.

And oh by the way, I'm retired now.
It's fascinating really. The wide variance of local management. I've seen some groups that seem not to give a crap about vehicle appearance, etc. and then there are the ones like ours that run like a Nazi boot camp staffed with Bible thumping "yes men".

Good for you being retired. I hope the company pays you a huge pension for all your years of hard work.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Good for you being retired. I hope the company pays you a huge pension for all your years of hard work.
Huge pension? Let's not get carried away here. :happy-very:

Thank God I don't have to rely on Fred's way overpriced insurance for retiree's. That'll swallow your whole monthly pension.

bjjrican

To all: I have finally received my call back for X. They want me to sign my offer letter. What does this letter contain and what can I expect from there on out?

vantexan

To all: I have finally received my call back for X. They want me to sign my offer letter. What does this letter contain and what can I expect from there on out?
You should see your starting pay, the term you must work at the station before transferring, some legalese about the letter not being a guarantee of employment. An offer letter means you've met the criteria necessary to get hired i.e. you passed a physical and background check. Depending on your payscale you're starting at almost as much or more than I made in almost 15 years and will be to good money in about 5 years, top pay in 9. Good time to be a FedEx courier.