Job offer at FEDEX

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
FedEx tops out around $30 an hour with some areas higher, some lower. None are close to the $40 you guys will be making by the end of this contract. Also, there is no top pay in sight for new hires. No pension either. Only a 401k that fedex puts a certain amount into. I’m sure it won’t be much.

One more thing, FedEx is trying to change schedules so that only PT couriers do the early deliveries and FT come in around 11:00 and work til 8:00. There are mass retirements going on now because no 30 year couriers want to work 11:00-8:00.
Ups driver schedule is 9-9

542thruNthru

I’m at local 63, Ontario CA
Oh then definitely stay UPS.

You could go feeder in just a couple years! You have one of the best pensions in the country. You receive free legal services. No out of pocket for medical except for copays.

Also you're on the west coast and in CA so 75% of the people on here are going to be extremely jealous of you because you're just automatically better than them. ;)

Zowert

The handful of FedEx drivers I know (both ground and express) would switch to UPS in a heartbeat. If you can stick it out then stay. Even if it is a 22.4 you’re better off since you can become an RPCD later on. In the meantime study the 10 point commentary, 5 seeing habits and learn to do the driver drill in your own vehicle. It will make integrad/training a lot easier if you already know that stuff.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Oh then definitely stay UPS.

You could go feeder in just a couple years! You have one of the best pensions in the country. You receive free legal services. No out of pocket for medical except for copays.

Also you're on the west coast and in CA so 75% of the people on here are going to be extremely jealous of you because you're just automatically better than them. ;)
Better? Can't even grow decent kentucky bluegrass.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Most of the new Fedex drivers I talk to that ask about how much I make (the experienced ones already know) are blown away by how much I make in a year. And then I tell them I also get free benefits...
Not free, we bust tail to earn them. No profit, no bennies.