Job offer at FEDEX

Analbumcover

ControlPkgs
The insurance is something I’m definitely looking forward to. I can start bidding for different jobs or full time in one more month
(6 months seniority).I’ve been double shifting since I started at ups and from what I hear from fellow coworkers, is that there’s enough hours to go around in peak season. I guess I’ll look into getting another part time job once peak is over. Decisions, decisions....

New dad here and FT driver. I've got a little one who recently had a very expensive visit to the pediatrician. We're talking $900 for vax, tests, etc. I paid approximately $0.

ouanling

rich mommy and daddy?
im university educated and i have other incomes. Im stuck in this horrible country until my kids finish school so might as well just get some benefits and extra money while listening to books.

It was either ups or getting paid to go to cooking school but then i could not catch up on the hundreds of books ive always wanted to read.

Brown_$$

Thanks for everyone’s input. I think I’ve made up my mind and NOT go to Fed Ex. I’m gonna bust my ass off unloading trailers for awhile. Hopefully I can drive soon!

Box Ox

Thanks for everyone’s input. I think I’ve made up my mind and NOT go to Fed Ex. I’m gonna bust my ass off unloading trailers for awhile. Hopefully I can drive soon!

Probably a good decision. The UPSers I was in preload with who went into management so they could make a couple bucks more per hour immediately ended up regretting it. I imagine going to FedEx for similar reasons would yield similar results.

$30 an hour to deliver envelopes out of a van does sound pretty nice though. :)

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
im university educated and i have other incomes. Im stuck in this horrible country until my kids finish school so might as well just get some benefits and extra money while listening to books.

It was either ups or getting paid to go to cooking school but then i could not catch up on the hundreds of books ive always wanted to read.
If it’s a horrible country why would you choose to have kids there?

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years

Go back to what ever 3rd world :poop: hole you came from. friend you.

NAHimGOOD

Nothing to see here.... Move along.

Listening to Audio Books is not reading...

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The point being, you replied to an earlier post by me stating "Those who live in glass houses". So there you have it, the "Lexan" reference. Man, it loses so much when you gotta explain things to people.
You’re the clueless one here and it’s pretty funny.

JJinVA

Just a heads up to the OP, coming back to UPS with "driving experience" from FedEx wont make you a driver any faster. Its all based on seniority. So that dude that loads truck and drools on himself, if he has more seniority than you and the only thing he's driven is a tricycle, he still gets the job before you.

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
So I’m currently stuck in a dilema and I need some opinions on what I should do. I’m currently a package handler with five months in. I got an offer at FedEx for a full time courier driver, should I take it or just wait until I become a driver at UPS (don’t have any idea how long that will take) I really want to stay at ups but I need that full time money especially since I have a baby on the way.
Some people in you hub should be able to tell you approx. how long it will take you to go FT. I would stay with UPS. Look long term down the road 25-30 years. The advantages are substantial. You may regret a short term decision based on money now.