Job offer at FEDEX

bludbutt

Old post I know, but I was a loader turned part time supervisor at UPS from 2006-2012 and then quit for various reasons. I worked a few odd jobs here and there then accepted a job at fedex ground making $65K/yr. I get 4 weeks of paid vacation and I'm typically done by 130-230pm everyday. I have zero regrets about working for fedex ground as I wouldn't be able to justify working 6 or 7 more hours a day and have zero free time. Give me a decent salary and an ass ton of free time over working my entire life, but to each their own.

Cheesypurpletees

Old post I know, but I was a loader turned part time supervisor at UPS from 2006-2012 and then quit for various reasons. I worked a few odd jobs here and there then accepted a job at fedex ground making $65K/yr. I get 4 weeks of paid vacation and I'm typically done by 130-230pm everyday. I have zero regrets about working for fedex ground as I wouldn't be able to justify working 6 or 7 more hours a day and have zero free time. Give me a decent salary and an ass ton of free time over working my entire life, but to each their own.

Does your ground contractor offer you retirement and health insurance ?

DOK

Stay where you are. I’m at Express and have been for a long time. Our benefits are slowly being whittled away every year. There are couriers who haven’t topped out after 20 years. Your insurance wouldn’t kick in for 90 days and you would have to pay a few thousand for the baby’s birth. There Is no pension for new hires, only a matching 401k. Yes, you pay dues at UPS, but my insurance is a little over $50 a week with a high deductible.

The working environment is much better though than at UPS, less toxic. Management and hourly have a much better rapport. Also, you can transfer to different locations.
How much is the 401k match?

nWo

Enjoy. #respect

HavenoEDD

Let me put it this way…
FedEx drivers quit to join UPS.
Only way UPS drivers go to FedEx is if they’ve been fired or can’t handle it.
Our center has plenty of ex FedEx drivers (they all run and suck) 😆

UPS career, pay and benefits are great and whilst we are all professional complainers we stick around because for picking up and putting down cardboard…it’s worth it.