Job pay

helenofcalifornia

A fellow driver told me that pay rates for drivers differ nationwide. He said that drivers in Nebraska make about $22 an hour. I thought we all made relatively the same amount. It may differ with a couple of cents here and there because of the various riders, etc. Anyone know for sure? I sure thought I did until this driver told me different.

helenofcalifornia

So basically it's the same. Would I like to be making 28 and hour and have the cost of living of a Kansas or Nebraska or Alabama. You could live on one wage then. Thanks for the info. 28.47 in Norcal.

J

JonFrum

Full-time Air Drivers make a top rate of $22.62 nationwide, according to Article 40. (As do certain Article 22.3 full-time Inside employees.) Maybe that's where the $22 figure came from?

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
I think where the small discrepancies creep in is the Cost of Living raises that have been paid or not paid over the years. We have had a few in the time that I have been with the company. I am in district as Filthpig and our rate is also 28.19.

Howru

$28.08 here in In.:happy2:Some differences may be attributable to past allocations of increases into the health, welfare and pension sections instead of pay. There seems to be a huge difference in the various pensions within UPS.

skeeterhawk

$28.08 here in In.:happy2:Some differences may be attributable to past allocations of increases into the health, welfare and pension sections instead of pay. There seems to be a huge difference in the various pensions within UPS.

what's the pay for trailer mechanics at the kansas city facility?

thanks

Service Failure

I agree with Helen. Cost of Living in San Francisco is just ridiculous. Needless to say, the work is just as hard nationwide so it's not to say that all FT drivers nationwide don't deserve to get paid the same as a driver from another state give or take a dollar due to COLA.

Anyways, I know this isn't a thread about part-timers but the minimum wage here in San Francisco is 9.32 and they are starting part-timers at UPS at 9.85. You can imagine how quickly people are quitting. Being in a recession with less hours and more work isn't helping either. First check for 120? I usually never see a new guy after that haha.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
A fellow driver told me that pay rates for drivers differ nationwide. He said that drivers in Nebraska make about $22 an hour. I thought we all made relatively the same amount. It may differ with a couple of cents here and there because of the various riders, etc. Anyone know for sure? I sure thought I did until this driver told me different.

Its 28.81 in sunny california:laughing: