Job Safety and Health-It’s The Law

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
Not true. KETER audits keeps OSHA from the truth.

What is needed is formal OSHA complaints.

Have you ever dealt with OSHA?
My apologies union brother , I forgot about those KETER audits. The problem is when only one person files a complaint it just seems as if one person is complaining.

Integrity

Binge Poster
Last edited:

Integrity

Binge Poster
what did osha do for you?, did OSHA see the NBC interview with the pictures of the 160 degree temps in the back of trucks?
I don’t know if OSHA saw the NBC. interview.

I did not file a formal complaint regarding this issue.

It was a different issue.

OSHA gave me the option of a fax transmittal or an inspection of my facility.

I chose the inspection of my facility.

Fined the facility.

and more.

brostalss

Ok.

How do you know it is not going to happen?

But at least we are in agreement that a safe work place is a right of every UPSer, not a privilege, a gift or a favor.

Agreed?
I agree with you as well but the problem is what is a safe work environment? You ask ten different people you are most likely going to get ten different answers.
One person may say 90° is too hot another may say 110° is too hot. 110° with no humidity feels a lot better than 110° with humidity.

Maple Grove MN Driver

Cocaine Mang!
UPS has such a horrendous safety record that they needed to hire KETER to do audits and implement their ridiculous Safety and Habits crap to keep OSHA out of their hair.

MG

Integrity

Binge Poster
I agree with you as well but the problem is what is a safe work environment? You ask ten different people you are most likely going to get ten different answers.
One person may say 90° is too hot another may say 110° is too hot. 110° with no humidity feels a lot better than 110° with humidity.
A safe work environment or workplace is a workplace free of known health and safety hazards as per OSHA.

Regarding heat illness there are certain defined situations that recognized as high hazard days.

The parameters have nothing to do with individual opinions.

https://www.osha.gov/SLTC/heatillness/heat_index/pdfs/all_in_one.pdf