Jobs available

LagunaBrown

Not true. That is like saying all UPSers make 100,000k a year. Most construction work is low paid and much of it is much harder than UPS. Trust me I worked construction as a young man and built much of my home on weekends and nights for a few years (while driving mind you).
Amen! I dug ditches all day in the So Cal summer sun and it was brutal! When the work for the day was done I told them I won’t be back and keep the check. I learned a life lesson with more that the money.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
yeah except

"There simply aren’t enough highly trained electricians, plumbers, heating, mechanical workers and tile setters to meet the demand"

its not like anyone can just jump off the packager car and start swinging a hammer or turning a wrench. delivering and driving a package car definitely requires stamina and endurance and a thick skin no doubt, but i cant think of any particular "skill set" required.

How about keeping it out of the ditch on ice and snow

Tony Q

Boy funny how much you are on here now that the ballots are being sent out to us over the next few days, are you sure your not trying to push your union buddy's deal? First you argue for the contract and then you are for a strike. Make up your mind and pick a side TonyQ, there is nothing worse then a coward that cant pick a stance and stick with it. MAN THE :censored2: UP!
I think I want to watch you and the membership blow this whole contract up and pass the point of no return. The only thing that would make it better would you having low enough seniority that you get laid off forever.

Time for change

I think I want to watch you and the membership blow this whole contract up and pass the point of no return. The only thing that would make it better would you having low enough seniority that you get laid off for ever.
Dude there is a bunch of room between this contract and the point the company isn’t making money. Your schtik is lame, your loyalty to an awful contract is lame and it either stems from stupidity or being bought.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I think I want to watch you and the membership blow this whole contract up and pass the point of no return. The only thing that would make it better would you having low enough seniority that you get laid off forever.
tenor (4).gif

hellfire

no one considers UPS people."real" Teamsters.-BUG
yeah except

"There simply aren’t enough highly trained electricians, plumbers, heating, mechanical workers and tile setters to meet the demand"

its not like anyone can just jump off the packager car and start swinging a hammer or turning a wrench. delivering and driving a package car definitely requires stamina and endurance and a thick skin no doubt, but i cant think of any particular "skill set" required.
Tell that to the fed ex ground employees that get crap compared to us

F

Frankie's Friend

I understand. I think you should vote however you want to.

Nice. Help us @Integrity . Tony has none.

F

Frankie's Friend

Flip - flop - Fred.

He's gone from endorsing the Local 89 rider (he was the Union chairman)

To then, recommending a no vote....

And now back to a yes vote on it.

Way to waffle.

Might want some chicken with that.

-Bug-

"This thing is going to go down -- it’s going to go down in flames – and it needs to because it’s a very bad agreement,” Teamsters Local 89 President Fred Z told about two dozen package car drivers at a “Vote No” rally on Friday morning. “We can do better.”

His "captive audience" was a whole two dozen drivers ?

A Local of that size ?
Do you really dislike Fred or his political ambitions?
I never read anything positive from you about him.
He is phenomenally popular in L89.
Are 20,000 members all wrong down there?

WTFm8

Got a college degree; should I make more than everyone else?

You mean the ones that can walk through their truck at 10am and drive around with bulkhead door strapped open so it’s not 130° back there?

A couple drivers have spotted FedEx trucks with steel cage rear doors so they can drive with the rear door rolled up also.

Driving around with headphones, truck running unattended with all doors open, double-parked, with the mirror still out?