Jobs you would have liked. Jobs you would never do.

ups1990

A member posted some comments as to what jobs he would have liked to do, if UPS hadn't come along.

My life leading to my mid-twenties was geared towards the political realm, not as a politician but as a staff member dealing in community issues. While in college, my summers were spent as an intern for local and state officials on both sides of the isle. I got to know my city very well as we walked precincts asking for votes. I met some wonderful people along the way and see now that a couple of inters who were my age are now in office or running for office. After a few years of working in offices the realization quickly became that i didn't possess the stomach for it. Working with community members was great but the rest of it was downright nasty. I'm glad that I never stopped working for UPS while attending college.
A garbage man back in the day where they had to get out and dump the actual trash can by hand is a job i would never have done. These guys now are prima donnas they don't even get out of the truck anymore, I recall when they rode in the back of the truck hanging on to that hand rail.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I wanted to be a nun.......stop laughing now!!!

After that, I wanted to be a veterinarian.

Then I met my hubby and that was the end of that.

I was suppose to leave for the convent Fall of '65, but I dated my hubby over that summer.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
My last long range plan before I started working for UPS was to get my degree and go to Spain to teach English.

over9five

Staff member
I used to do contract security work for the FDIC. Wear a suit, carry a gun, eat taxpayer paid for pizza. What could be better?

bigbrownhen

I would like to have been a vet or a marine biologist, but my brain didn't comprehend Biology 1 very well, flunked my junior year. There went that idea.

I never wanted to be a waitress or a hair styleist. Better for the public that I don't.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I would like to have been a vet or a marine biologist, but my brain didn't comprehend Biology 1 very well, flunked my junior year. There went that idea.

I never wanted to be a waitress or a hair styleist. Better for the public that I don't.

LMAO!!!! I loved the 'better for the public' comment, but UPS fits in this category too. :happy-very:

I actually wanted to be a marine biologist tooo.

bbsam

Staff member
I've always wanted to teach English literature at the College level. Still get a little wisp of sentimentality about what could have been.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I never, ever thought of driving for UPS. I wanted to drive the subway trains in NYC. That's really the only job I ever truly wanted to do.

I have been: A Garbage and Recycling man. Shifting Contents is right, about the loot.
Pet Food delivery person, Intrastate Florida.
Tile Delivery driver....with that cool fork lift on the back of the truck. I once dumped a whole load of tile on I-95 in West Palm Beach.:dead:

I've done these things and a whole lot more, that I think all add up to being a good UPS'er, plus it gives me great stories for the children. The good UPS'er is my own way of stating that I excel here. MGMT might give a differing opinion, based on the days report, of course.