johnson & johnson vaccine

over9five

Staff member
Will Americans want a vaccine that is only 66% effective when there are others available that are 95% effective?
If I'm gonna get one, I want the 95% effective vaccine. Why would I waste my time with the less effective one?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Will Americans want a vaccine that is only 66% effective when there are others available that are 95% effective?
If I'm gonna get one, I want the 95% effective vaccine. Why would I waste my time with the less effective one?
It was 100% effective at preventing death. 85% effective at preventing severe illness.

People should be jumping at the chance to get it. 66% is a hell of a lot more effective than 0%. Even if 34% still get it but no one dies we can get back to a normal life

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
It was 100% effective at preventing death. 85% effective at preventing severe illness.

People should be jumping at the chance to get it. 66% is a hell of a lot more effective than 0%. Even if 34% still get it but no one dies we can get back to a normal life
It's also more akin to a live vector vaccine like hepatitis b. They've been doing research and trials on them for a decade.

As opposed to mRNA vaccines which they just somehow miraculously worked out all the problems with.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
What's amazing is they applied for FDA review and the FDA scheduled to meet weeks later. What the hell?

They could have met, approved it, loaded it into trucks, and dumped it at every cvs and walgreens around the country. Millions could have been vaccinated in the time they wasted.

Put that on the Orangeman

rod

Retired 22 years
I remember Ray Charles saying he didn't like rap and all that. Good thing he couldn't see the looks he was given. When we stopped singing beautiful melodies and felt honest to God emotion was about the same time the world turned to crap. Which is reflected in the God awful garbage that y'all call music these days. I don't care if I sound old, out of touch, whatever, today's music is a reflection of the shallowness and destitution of today's culture. Absolutely pathetic.
Amen---it's not just the rap crap either. All this modern auto-tune crap is terrible. Modern Country is crap to.

rod

Retired 22 years
I've had absolutely zero side affects with my second Pfizer shot. Zero- ziltch- nada- goose egg. First one my shoulder was a little sore for a day or so but the second one nothing.

rod

Retired 22 years
Why the hell are you idiots even discussing "rap" on this thread? @cheryl needs to start another forum called "Garbage" to handle subjects like rap.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
66% is better than 0%!
J&J also lessens the effects if one does get the COVID.

trickpony1

I've had absolutely zero side affects with my second Pfizer shot. Zero- ziltch- nada- goose egg. First one my shoulder was a little sore for a day or so but the second one nothing.
Some of the stuff they inject into people can lay dormant for a period of time, even years, and then cause problems.
But wait......
Big Pharma bears no liability.