Joke is on you

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
Except there are pensions so that tosses that idea out the window. You’d think given profits and company growth part time wages here wouldn’t have regressed since the 80’s. Before all you say that’s not true, adjust for inflation and compared to top driver rate. We have actually regressed bigtime.
I agree, part time wages are behind the times.

PT Car Washer

I’d be all for every preloaded making $30/ hr but you’ll never see it. Thanks for calling me a young guy though!!
I used to make $.50/hr less then a FT seniority driver after 90 days and FT benefits. Why? Because it was a Union job. Now you can make more working at McDonald's. Anyone under 60 is young to me. Let me give you my cell phone number for the next time you need help with pick ups.

siouxman

siouxman
I used to make $.50/hr less then a FT seniority driver after 90 days and FT benefits. Why? Because it was a Union job. Now you can make more working at McDonald's. Anyone under 60 is young to me. Let me give you my cell phone number for the next time you need help with pick ups.
What kind of comparable benifits do they have.do they contrubute to a retirement plan for you. There is more then the hourly wage to consider

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
I’m on your side of this argument and I only have 3 pickups. Pickup a total of about 10 packages a day. Don’t need your help but thanks for the offer.

PT Car Washer

What kind of comparable benifits do they have.do they contrubute to a retirement plan for you. There is more then the hourly wage to consider
Yes there is a PT pension. Much less then FT but in much better shape. You are right there is more to consider then the monetary. Like having a job you enjoy going to everyday. I have that job and so do many others.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

It's hard to buy groceries or pay rent with a pension contribution, though. The union needs the increased pension contributions, the part timers need more take home pay. Guess who's winning that battle...

Last edited:
Because it is a Union job. Why should a black or a Mexican or a woman make as much as a white man?

giphy (3).gif

siouxman

siouxman
It's hard to buy groceries or pay rent with a pension contribution, though. The union needs the increased pension contributions, the part timers need more take home pay. Guess who's winning that battle...
Isn't it a part time job?so you want more money because your part time. wages for part timers needs to be more but when I was part time my goal was to become full time and not have 2 or 3 jobs and have the health benifits and retirement income

Skooney

Seriously though... The idle threat in the teleconference was basically if we don't take this what comes next is going to be worse.

Basically what the guy at our local told me personally. He said UPS wasn’t shy about letting it be known during negotiations either.

Time for change

Basically what the guy at our local told me personally. He said UPS wasn’t shy about letting it be known during negotiations either.
Well you anyone who thinks the company is going to say if you vote it down, no problem, come back and we will do way better is a.........? And we all know they aren’t going to strike, they really think we are as dumb as DT , smh.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Isn't it a part time job?so you want more money because your part time. wages for part timers needs to be more but when I was part time my goal was to become full time and not have 2 or 3 jobs and have the health benifits and retirement income

I love it when people make assumptions about you based on your position on a topic. I think part timers should make more money, I think the company pays too much into the pension and could use that money to better compensate their employees, I must be part time.

The pension is nice, but maybe part timers would stick it out longer and actually see a pension if they didn't have to quit to find a better paying job.