Jump in union dues?

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Had a driver two nights ago grab his pay stub. ":censored2:ing Union dues" he says.

I turned to him and said the more your Union dues are the more money you're making so quit complaining.

Brasswolf

Had a driver two nights ago grab his pay stub. ":censored2:ing Union dues" he says.

I turned to him and said the more your Union dues are the more money you're making so quit complaining.

Do not misunderstand my initial question as a complaint. I fully understand what the union does for us, I have benefited on several levels and the aforementioned surgery probably wouldn't have been possible if it were not for the healthcare we had (at the time) and the educational benefits would not have been as available as well I am sure.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Do not misunderstand my initial question as a complaint. I fully understand what the union does for us, I have benefited on several levels and the aforementioned surgery probably wouldn't have been possible if it were not for the healthcare we had (at the time) and the educational benefits would not have been as available as well I am sure.
Nope. Wasn't aimed at you. Just reminded me of the conversation.

Inthegame

The contract won't give you dues rates, the IBT Constitution contains that info. Dues are based on your wage as stated and your dues should be 2.5 x that wage (at minimum) or $47. Call your local Monday and ask why the increase.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
No vacation for our first year as a driver, even with 7 years in part time, though I did know that as it happened a few years back when I was out for 6 weeks from major surgery and they took it out twice the following month.

they only take out once a month to answer your question.
If you are ever in the position that you will miss a full calender month again, go to your union hall and fill out a withdraw card and you won't have to make up the dues for that time off.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you are ever in the position that you will miss a full calender month again, go to your union hall and fill out a withdraw card and you won't have to make up the dues for that time off.

I am having surgery 1/13 and will be out of work for 4 weeks. I am taking vacation starting on 1/11. I will also be drawing STD and Combined. Should I request a withdrawal card for that time or do I need to be on active status to qualify for the STD?

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny
I am having surgery 1/13 and will be out of work for 4 weeks. I am taking vacation starting on 1/11. I will also be drawing STD and Combined. Should I request a withdrawal card for that time or do I need to be on active status to qualify for the STD?

Been out since 11/14. On following Monday set up disability. 3 weeks now still waiting for the 1st ck to arrive. If your out for only 4 weeks and on vacation. Why bother getting disability. You may only get 1-2 weeks worth. I too will use my vacation time for January. Hoping to finally get my dis ck next wk

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Been out since 11/14. On following Monday set up disability. 3 weeks now still waiting for the 1st ck to arrive. If your out for only 4 weeks and on vacation. Why bother getting disability. You may only get 1-2 weeks worth. I too will use my vacation time for January. Hoping to finally get my dis ck next wk

Why wouldn't it be back dated to the surgery date?

10 point

TeamCare?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Why bother getting disability?

Because I am entitled to it.