Jury duty for Tuesday thru Saturday driver

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
Jury duty is an honor and a service we as citizens are lucky to be able to perform. You literally decide the fate of a human being, not something to be taken lightly. Imagine if you were accused of a crime, would you want someone like yourself on the trial or some half baked kid who’s more concerned with getting paid than deliberating evidence.

I’ve been called 5 times, served 3. Once I went through one trial, I never looked at jury duty the same way again.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I would never want to go to jury duty during my vaca.. who cares about the extra money. I want my week off!!

...which is why you would either call to reschedule the jury duty or your vacation week....I would also not want to serve on a jury while on vacation unless I had nothing planned for the week other than just taking a break from work....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Jury duty is an honor and a service we as citizens are lucky to be able to perform. You literally decide the fate of a human being, not something to be taken lightly. Imagine if you were accused of a crime, would you want someone like yourself on the trial or some half baked kid who’s more concerned with getting paid than deliberating evidence.

I’ve been called 5 times, served 3. Once I went through one trial, I never looked at jury duty the same way again.

I have also served on a jury and had quite the opposite experience. The case was a "he said/she said" involving a couple of trailer park trash. The 12 of us couldn't believe that we wasted 2 1/2 days of our lives dealing with this----it took us all of 45 minutes to reach a verdict.

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
My jury service has been concluded, never even came close to my number. I have been called for jury duty 3 times and have never had to go

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
I have also served on a jury and had quite the opposite experience. The case was a "he said/she said" involving a couple of trailer park trash. The 12 of us couldn't believe that we wasted 2 1/2 days of our lives dealing with this----it took us all of 45 minutes to reach a verdict.
I served on a child molestation case, domestic violence and drunk driving trials. Hope no one ever has to experience any of those.

542thruNthru

I served on a child molestation case, domestic violence and drunk driving trials. Hope no one ever has to experience any of those.

The only jury duty I've ever been selected for was a murder case. Took 4 weeks. During nov/dec. Pissed my center manager off something fierce. You're right though it's a huge eye opener.

Hell even the 2 hour questionnaire I had to take the first day was interesting.