Just Checking In......and out.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

None of my business, but is there any way that you can send the support payments directly to the ex rather than have them deducted from your paycheck each week? $8 x 52 = $416. I had read in other threads where UPS had begun doing this but I didn't know it was that much. I always either dropped my support check off when I picked up the kids for school or mailed it to her as we both lived in the same town.

helenofcalifornia

OK BBAG, I am in your corner for the most part. But....you are being very evasive when you say you assume you are FT since you have your own route and UPS just doesn't realize that you're still working on Saturdays. UPS knows how much they are paying their employees. They look at the WOR and circle drivers times every day. And believe me you, there is a top seniority FT driver at your center that would love to pick up 8 EASY hours of OT for Saturday.

So I think alot of the negative energy coming your way from the Cafe is the fact that you won't say that you are PT and just cover driving. I don't know why you won't when most of us drivers started in your shoes. No shame.

Keep posting, I enjoy your view of UPS from new eyes. I remember working through my lunch too when I first started out. Had to the first 30 days to get seniority. But they will just pile on an hours more work on you since you don't take lunch. This is life at UPS. Post on, BBAG!!

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
I'm married with 3 kids. I wish I had 40 bucks a week in my pocket. Good to see you back. Just by the amount of replies to your post we need you here to entertain us. BM

But Benefits Are Great!

Just Words On A Screen
dude

you had the chillins, now you get to pay, until all of them get to be 18. it sucks. but that is the way it is. stop paying it, and you go to jail. nothing makes a bigger statement than you being led into a courtroom in handcuffs shackled to your waist, and tied to your leg irons. seen several treated that way.

otherwise all of the rest of us get to pay for your kids. and i dont see the fairness of that approach? we did not have the fun, so why should we have to pay for your kids.

my suggestion is not to get too kid happy with your new wife. you never know.

as for your plight, we have several drivers in our center that are in the same boat as you. one has all but one kid paid for, just three more years on the daughter. it is a long struggle.

you better learn how to deal with it, cause court, when it comes to child support, is not equal or fair to the fathers. in their court, you are guilty until you can prove you are not, and even then you are mostly still guilty.

d

Whoa, whoa WHOA!!!!!

Back up - I NEVER said, and NEVER meant to imply that I did not wish to pay child support. In NJ / PA, all payments go thru Child Support / Probation department, and, as I was previously self-employed, the courts have wanted to attach my wages for the past 10 years.

I was the one who called Child Support / Probation, I was the one who told them where I worked, who to contact to attach my wages. I did so because I thought that 60% was the max they could take.

I would pay $3000 / week to my three kids from my first marriage if I could. 10X that if I could. Not at ALL complaining about supporting my kids. I just need a way to support them all equally.

6 or so years ago, my support was set at over $800 PER WEEK. Impossible. I still hold the record as being the most arrested man in New Jersey - yet the courts would not lower it.

I filed a ProSe motion to reduce support, to be heard on November 21st. Now that I have a paycheck from someone else (not self employed) it will be the first time my support will be set reasonably since I seperated from my wife.

I apologize for sounding angry on this subject - I'm not - I just want it to be very clear - I would pay every dime I had for support, as long as I could still survive on what is left. $40/week does not even pay for the gas to get me to work.

Now, regarding full-time/part time, read what I said above. That is all I know.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
Okay, that's settled. BBAG is a part timer, that works a lot. Oh, and btw, just how many wives have you had? Sounds like you have babies mama's out there all over the place. As far as the gas and your money go......get your butt on a bicycle.

sx2700

Banned
Here's a nugget for you to look forward to. 2 of my former fellow part timers just recently made FT and are now having part of their pay withheld each week. Why? Because they were paid top FT wage to cover drive, but once they got their 30 in UPS comes in and tells them they never should have been paid that and is taking it back.

Highwayman

We all know UPS doesn't make mistakes! The hourly workers do.:dead: The supes treated me bad when I started too, but after 20 years I out lasted most of the bad ones. Now if they yell I laugh at them...it really gets under their skin. Start taking your lunch and breaks,they WILL get over it.:biting:

sx2700

Banned
Yes, they used to rant and rave and scream and holler at our center too. They found out rather quickly that it was counter-productive as the more they carried on like fools the slower things went. Of course, the sort is a different animal than driving though.

atatbl

So I think alot of the negative energy coming your way from the Cafe is the fact that you won't say that you are PT and just cover driving. I don't know why you won't when most of us drivers started in your shoes. No shame.

Bingo. Also, the reason he won't do that is because it would take admitting all the "told you so" comments that started months ago were actually correct. Had he came to the board shouting "I will be cover driving in a matter of months" people would not have said "impossible." They would have said "hard, but doable." Instead, he prefers to live in a fantasy land that does not exist. At least he finally admits that everything isn't candy canes and lollipops in reality either.