Just got fired, going to panel

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Stealing services, having a driver bring something back to the building without paying shipping charges. My letter states thief of services.
That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of. Your center manager must have it in for you is the only thing I can think of.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of.

The Center Manager must get picked up for work by the "short bus".

Surely, no-one from the UPS Labor Dept. could be involved.... Unless they are setting this guy up....

To look dumber than he is.

-Bug-

Last edited:

40 and out

If this is for real, there has to be something else going on here. If he's really fired just for this, then none of us would have jobs.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Yes he does.

Use a little of this....

2iqy6mr.jpg

Works every time.

-Bug-

( I am not trying to make light of your situation.... But it's so stupid, I have to laugh )

cino321

We all do it. I buy things during my lunch all the time. Groceries, necessities, clothing, I run the majority of my errands while I'm on lunch on route. If I buy a bottle of water on route, do I need to have a prepaid label to bring it back with the truck? Give me a break. You'll be back.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Maybe your center manager was a few warning letters short of meeting his monthly quota. Its the last day of the month, maybe he gets double credit if its a termination letter instead of just a warning.

ibt

You guys better be careful signing for packages and doing this. You are doing it on company time,not paying for ups service and transporting in ups equipment.I sat on panels you better prove to me that this practice was known about.And warning to all others next guy that comes down for this will lose job.Also guy that picked up package should also be discharged

DainGrant

Get outta here xpres u sound like a management ass kissing yes man who does his job by the books all the time.mr goody two shoes....such a :censored2:..dishonesty is sumthin bred and cherished by ups heads up broski ups bought out our union what can be more dishonest than that...shop stewards cutting deals with management and throwing away grievance letters...cmon kid dnt get heated over some dumb package being signed for wtf...anyway ups dont care so long as their packages get delivered and the dinero is coming in...we need so much and ur talking about dumb ****...get a life man!!!!

ibt

I have a life was prez of local presented cases at panel hearings and jac. Been on panels seen many people lose there jobs for this kind of stuff.Y ou can be a hard ass and I am but start talking smack at the panel and the company will dig in and deadlock to jac and you can miss 3 months of work.

ibt

I'll put my 29 years in operations and 5 as union prez and ups ba against your :censored2: anyway. I seen guys like you talk **** and cry like babies when fired. Yes I have been fired

ibt

I do do the job by the book and you would to if you were smart enough. Ive seen people lose there jobs for this at panel hearings. I was present at more than 250 discharge cases in central region and state panels. I'm back driving after serving 5 years as local president and ups ba. 29 years in

BMWMC

B.C. boohoo buster.
Gifts from customers during the holidays are one thing that rises to reasonable exception, but, buying and/or picking up products and transporting it by UPS TRUCK and not paying for the shipping is strictly against UPS policy which is posted in every center. Every commercial package picked up or delivered has to be paid for. You can not use a UPS truck and/or UPS employee working time to engage in personal business that is not directly related to your work duties.

Do not talk to customers about you personal issues regarding repairs, products, or service on UPS time. Do not transport personal property ( your lunch box doesn't count) using a UPS truck. When you are on the clock and in command of a UPS vehicle you are to be doing what the company is paying you to do and nothing else. Its that simple.

Hope they can strike a deal and reinstate you. I'd start "getting it" and stop the denials.

Backlasher

Stronger, Faster, Browner
Okay, lets say I want a subway and another driver has subway delivery on his route. I ask can u pick me up a sub and bring back to building for me at end of day?

Maybe I have a delivery at a smoke shop and he wants me to pick him up a cigar they have and give it to him end of day?

Maybe they special ordered it for him and I picked it up as I made a delivery their. Should we lose our job over that?

Maybe I cover a route for peak and customer gives me check and bottle of wine or some other gift to give their bid driver.

Should I be fired for that because they could of shipped him his christmas gift via UPS.

C what I'm saying.

This opens a can of worms.

gready and over controlling.

Maybe if this was substancially effecting shipping but come on now!!!

Sorry 4 your curcumstances.

Expect the unexpected.

Backlasher

So why fire u and not the driver who picked it up ?

He picked up a package that was not being shipped via UPS and also technically delivered it !!!!!

Maybe you can use that for leverage.

Would they fire andbe short 2 drivers.

I'm not saying do this to put other driver in jeapordy.

I'm saying use this for leverage.

I'm never picking up a pack of bubble gum for the wife @ quicky mart ever again.

I'll tell her ship it to herself via UPS or S.O.L.

Backlasher

Gifts from customers during the holidays are one thing that rises to reasonable exception, but, buying and/or picking up products and transporting it by UPS TRUCK and not paying for the shipping is strictly against UPS policy which is posted in every center. Every commercial package picked up or delivered has to be paid for. You can not use a UPS truck and/or UPS employee working time to engage in personal business that is not directly related to your work duties.

Do not talk to customers about you personal issues regarding repairs, products, or service on UPS time. Do not transport personal property ( your lunch box doesn't count) using a UPS truck. When you are on the clock and in command of a UPS vehicle you are to be doing what the company is paying you to do and nothing else. Its that simple.

Hope they can strike a deal and reinstate you. I'd start "getting it" and stop the denials.

Was this package picked up ....

Taking to building ....

unloaded, sorted, loaded on shuttle to another hub ...

unloaded, spa'd, sorted, pre-loaded, out for delivery and deliverd via UPS driver all without a label or payed for ???

Or was it just brought back 2 building and handed to another driver????

exactly!!!!