Just got forced in saturday

Thebrownblob

We've had multiple drivers suspended for repeatedly calling in on their day off.

For us drivers who are at the bottom of the RPCD's list, every weekend is now one day of work followed by a day to get ready for the next week of work. Christmas year round. 22.4s get two days off.

I really hope everyone is ready to strike next year.

You have very poor leader ship at your local if that’s happening. Not one person has been suspended at my local for calling in Saturdays only. They have tried to give discipline and we have successfully had thrown out it at every level hearing.

Thebrownblob

Really ?

You might want to brush up on all of the 40 supplements and riders....

Central says you can be forced, they just have to pay the appropriate rate. The argument we use is the company has failed to keep their end of the bargain and properly staff The operation going on four years. 22.4 are supposed to be 25% they are less than 10% now. Regular package car drivers are being forced six days with only one day off 22.4 Drivers are only working five the part of the contract was to reduce regular package car hours not expand, it’s a :censored2: show either way.

Thebrownblob

I would have a hard time believing any panel would uphold a termination of a drivers who has excellent attendance Monday through Friday and is being forced six days a week years on end. That is really an undue burden on a service providers family and life.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Really. Can not be forced into a 6th punch in my old local.

Central says you can be forced, they just have to pay the appropriate rate.

Yep.

As long as they post a start time the preceding week. They have to exhaust using pre-seniority, vacation

replacements, seasonal drivers, and then.... in reverse seniority order.

Newbies aren't getting the day off, because they don't know a route.

:biggrin:

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
Yep.

As long as they post a start time the preceding week. They have to exhaust using pre-seniority, vacation

Wrong. Can not force a 6th punch in Local 344.

Thebrownblob

Yep.

Blob’s going in today voluntarily vacation next week I’ll probably regret it

Thebrownblob

Might want to read Section 14 & 15 of the Local 344 Rider.

Just say'n....
So many people tell me they can’t be forced, there’s a difference between can’t and shouldn’t, and there’s a difference between if they actually follow through with discipline and if it will be upheld. My personal opinion is we have a very good argument if we ever go to panel but that’s just my personal opinion and it’s meaningless until a decision is made. We are in the fourth year of a five-year contract and so far it’s been a paper Tiger they really cannot enforce it. So far….

Whither

Scofflaw
So many people tell me they can’t be forced, there’s a difference between can’t and shouldn’t, and there’s a difference between if they actually follow through with discipline and if it will be upheld. My personal opinion is we have a very good argument if we ever go to panel but that’s just my personal opinion and it’s meaningless until a decision is made. We are in the fourth year of a five-year contract and so far it’s been a paper Tiger they really cannot enforce it. So far….
I have always pointed out to members: even contract language that puts the screws to us, e.g., (allowing forced 6 punches) doesn't exist in a vacuum. The company resorts to forcing because they are in a position of weakness. They need us to put a bandage on their staffing problem. If the company began firing otherwise reliable employees for not working 6 punches, that would only aggravate their staffing problem.

Additionally, if the company played hardball with a reliable employee and pressed a termination based solely on 6 punch attendance, then they would also have to risk losing at a higher level of the grievance procedure. The supplements I've read do not address whether or not allowing forced 6 punches also means allowing them to the point of effectively turning the job into a 6 day a week job. The glaring details of the company's habitual staffing problem would come out. I could be wrong, but I think the company would have a hard time winning such a case ... and I think they know it.

Thebrownblob

I have always pointed out to members: even contract language that puts the screws to us, e.g., (allowing forced 6 punches) doesn't exist in a vacuum. The company resorts to forcing because they are in a position of weakness. They need us to put a bandage on their staffing problem. If the company began firing otherwise reliable employees for not working 6 punches, that would only aggravate their staffing problem.
I agree 100%
Additionally, if the company played hardball with a reliable employee and pressed a termination based solely on 6 punch attendance, then they would also have to risk losing at a higher level of the grievance procedure. The supplements I've read do not address whether or not allowing forced 6 punches also means allowing them to the point of effectively turning the job into a 6 day a week job. The glaring details of the company's habitual staffing problem would come out. I could be wrong, but I think the company would have a hard time winning such a case ... and I think they know it.

PT Car Washer

Do you think they gaf?? You'll be right back on the list next Saturday. You gonna go in and work 60 hours year round? Eff that.

Stand your ground and call out like a man. Work only if you want the money.
That's the attitude that is going to make a PT air driver $90k this year.

bottomups

Bad Moon Risen'
There is a difference between being scheduled.... and being called in.
Wrong. They lost that argument through the grievance procedure. They can not force a 6th punch and they know it.
Management pleads, begs and tries to bribe with offers of grills, coolers, etc.