Just got forced in saturday

Hot Carl

Has anyone been disciplined or fired for not showing up?
We've had multiple drivers suspended for repeatedly calling in on their day off.

For us drivers who are at the bottom of the RPCD's list, every weekend is now one day of work followed by a day to get ready for the next week of work. Christmas year round. 22.4s get two days off.

I really hope everyone is ready to strike next year.

Nah
We've had multiple drivers suspended for repeatedly calling in on their day off.

For us drivers who are at the bottom of the RPCD's list, every weekend is now one day of work followed by a day to get ready for the next week of work. Christmas year round. 22.4s get two days off.

I mean I honestly don't understand the impotence of some people. I'd be filing on every OSHA complaint and contract violation I could think of if this were an every week thing...for 1+ years.

SorryLazyPOS

Big Kahuna Burger

If they’re forced in it’s not really their day off

GenericUsername

Call in a half hour before start time and claim to have a family medical emergency.
And enjoy your day off.
"Hey, it's _______. I won't be in today. You can use an option day if you'd like but seeing this is my scheduled day off you can't use option days on those days. Cya Monday!" *click*

tech209

RPCD can’t be forced in on your day off and if they try simply call in and say I won’t be coming in I’m tired and it’s my day off…..they can try and write it up but a grievance would take care of that

21Savage

Yah this seems to be the most effective.
Tell the family "Sorry, but I gotta prove a point today" and get 12 hours.
Do you think they gaf?? You'll be right back on the list next Saturday. You gonna go in and work 60 hours year round? Eff that.

Stand your ground and call out like a man. Work only if you want the money.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
Do you think they gaf?? You'll be right back on the list next Saturday. You gonna go in and work 60 hours year round? Eff that.

Stand your ground and call out like a man. Work only if you want the money.
Take the path of least resistance.
If dropping anchor doesn't work, then call out everyday, file grievances, be a nuisance.
But seems like to me making 12 hours of sloooow time and half is a good start.