Just got into an argument with the floor manager.

extranatty

Now every single time a sup busts my balls I intentionally slow way down and start stacking, operating less efficiently, etc. I basically start working like some of the other Milkers there.

Instantly, I get a compliment about something. It's hilarious but at the same time sad. They've slowly got the passive agressive point and leave me alone more.

Heh, I've noticed this as well.

We're scheduled to get them and I can't wait. When I was preload sup they did a beta in our division and I asked who I had to blow to get them.

It would be more efficient to have us do things the old way, by address, than to deal with likely even :censored2:tier scanners which I have done. I haven't had a misload in 6 months after being switched to trucks where everything is done by store or address. Back when I was still doing it by HIN, I was placed at the end of the belt during peak, so I started reading all the addresses. Then a FT happened to ask me where "70 Broadway" would be, and I could tell him which truck and which position.

There's really so many ways to improve upon this :censored2:ty system of "123-1230". How about "W123". Suddenly 40% less misloads. Maybe we could do something to differentiate between one truck and another, like using colours.

It would be more efficient to have us do things the old way, by address, than to deal with likely even :censored2:tier scanners which I have done. I haven't had a misload in 6 months after being switched to trucks where everything is done by store or address. Back when I was still doing it by HIN, I was placed at the end of the belt during peak, so I started reading all the addresses. Then a FT happened to ask me where "70 Broadway" would be, and I could tell him which truck and which position.

There's really so many ways to improve upon this :censored2:ty system of "123-1230". How about "W123". Suddenly 40% less misloads. Maybe we could do something to differentiate between one truck and another, like using colours.
Do you really think anyone in upper or middle management cares what a PT employee has to say? They don't care what a Center or Hub management employee has to say.

extranatty

Do you really think anyone in upper or middle management cares what a PT employee has to say? They don't care what a Center or Hub management employee has to say.

No, I don't, and that's the problem. You have these CEO/CFO/etcs who don't care about improving the company running things. They'll just go onto another publicly traded corporation; they don't care, likely snorting crack in a hotel right now. Then they, combined with HR who know nothing about computers, get to choose who is right for the job of engineering their computer systems. They're not qualified to do so, and if they don't learn that and start putting engineers in management; this company will fail.

davidix

does this greatly hurt my chances of advancing in UPS??? I just want to know since being a preloader for UPS is not worth it without the potential to advance, health care or otherwise.

the argument was because i came in 40 mins early and agreed to work before the start time after the 4th of july even though i had food poisoning and i got :censored2: off because after unloading all of the trucks for my floor, they wanted to send me to another part of the operation and i wasn't feeling well so i told my SUP if i have to go, im going to call out. . .

the manager was their and heard and his exact words were "you are NEW, if you dont like it, hand in your badge and go home."

which :censored2: me off, because since starting, i work harder then most and have a near perfect attendance(missed one day in 5 months).

its like they WANT you to work slow and call out a bunch because the people that do that get NO consequences, NEW or NOT.

Tell that piece of :censored2: manager that you worked as hard as you could but you're at your limit..you are sick and can no longer perform the job safely. Forget all that other stuff, they can't touch you. 1 call out in 5 months for a preloader? That's amazing. Only you can take care of yourself, if it was up to them they would have you run through a brick wass while preaching the millions keys of whatever the hell they see fit.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Tell that piece of :censored2: manager that you worked as hard as you could but you're at your limit..you are sick and can no longer perform the job safely. Forget all that other stuff, they can't touch you. 1 call out in 5 months for a preloader? That's amazing. Only you can take care of yourself, if it was up to them they would have you run through a brick wass while preaching the millions keys of whatever the hell they see fit.
Settle down @davidix , settle down.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Our PDS adds the driver's initials to their lane number to help cut down on misloads.

26DB-1234

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
Our PDS adds the driver's initials to their lane number to help cut down on misloads.

26DB-1234
We use colors, car makes, and animals. When you throw extra numbers in there it just becomes confusing.

Partially why I want to deck whoever got rid of FL1, FL2, FL3, FL4. Yeah, lets throw a few extra L's and R's in there, that's less confusing.

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
The sooner you learn and live by this, the better your life will be. Hard work at UPS will only ever result in one thing... more work. You will not get a raise, promotion, or anything but more work piled on you for all of your effort. That's the game. Alternately, you cannot be disciplined or held back for working at a safe and reasonable pace. "Promotions" are seniority based, and you must sign a bid list to get a new position. Raises are outlined in the contract and occur on a set schedule. UPS will work you as hard as they can, as long as they can, without regard to your wellness or needs. The sooner you draw a line in the sand and stick to it, the sooner they'll back off. You operate under a contract. Know it. Use it. "A fair days work for a fair days pay" is the only thing required of you.
Truth