Just hired(need advice)

tieguy

Banned
diadlover said:
Go back to the drawing board and think of a way to tear me apart, tieguy. I counted like 6 posts from you ALL about me in about a 15 minute span. Ha Ha Ha, your a loser! You probably think about me when your not even on this site, don't you? I OWN YOU!!

Says his Diadlover the presidential loser his unshaven behind now drawn and quartered. :thumbup1:

ragu

11)Pay a fellow worker $20 to get a carpool pass with so you can park in the front.
Not only am I going to be doing this but I'm getting my car fitted with a rear wheelchair lift so I can transport a Rascal scooter to work and take that from the carpool lot to the front door. Walking is for suckers

New2ups good job on finally getting hired. UPS is a great company to work for. It will provide for you and your family just fine.

I started when I was 18 and now I am 34. The first thing you should do is stay under the radar work as hard as you can to make seniority. After 6 months of seniority you are eligible to drive. You have to get a D.O.T. card, sometimes this can be the hardest thing to get at UPS. You can get it from your Human Resources dept.

During months 4-6 try and make friends with 1 or 2 full-time on-road sups. and your Human Resource manager. Once you get that DOT card talk to your on-road sups. about delivering NDA mon-fri. Also find out who is the Sat. air sup. and let them know you can work. After the 6 months has past put your name on the cover driver and full time driver lists.

There is plenty of "extra" work going around you just need to get your piece of the pie. It may take some time and it is a frustrating process. Keep a good attitude work hard stay away from the constant complainers and you will be fine.

Good Luck

My advice is to show up,try and keep a positive attitude,pt for the most part sucks. Find the union steward,get a copy of the contract and know it! Doing your job is part doing what your asked to do but also being smart enough to know what you should`nt be asked to do. Don`t let some wound up sup get you hurt because he`s panicking because the smilets hitting the fan. When your told to leave but it apears there is still plenty to do respectfully point out that your available to stay,know who has less seniority and if they`re still working as your walking out the door this is something to discuss with your sup,again respectfully. Also watch for sups doing any hourly work,even if it`s not in your area,point out that you are available to work. If in either situation your refused the opportunity to work find a steward,and don`t be afraid to bring it up with more than one. You`ll either be given the chance to work,especially since mgmt knows your paying attention,or you`ll be paid thru an adjustment.
It`s important to treat your sups the way you want them to treat you and vice-versa,you don`t have to be there buddy but you dont want to be considered abusive. Sup`s are looking for stupid people so be strong and know your job and don`t take any abuse. There are places you can turn to if that happens,the union and H.R. Sometimes H.R. is more effective.
Also if 22.3 work is the same in SoCal as it is in Chicago,I would stay away because they are limited to 8hrs a day even if junior pt`s are getting ot. The list to driving is just as long,it`s by seniority a having a clean record.