Just Quit UPS

DS

Fenderbender
Rubbadub,here's my take on your situation,I don't blame you for getting discouraged.
If you do manage to get rehired,try to do things the way they used to .
The car number is important,the shelf number is important,try looking at the address on the label.
Most areas have main streets that you will recognize easier than numbers.
The cars you load are generally in order on a map.Talking to the 4 drivers and telling them you want
their input,will get better results than dealing with the overworked part time sups that have no clue at all.
The order is usually easy to understand.Example.The driver starts with # 100 Lakeshore ave and moves west.
Top left passenger side shelf.He does it in sequence,100,112,148 etc .There are streets running north and south
from it he does in order as they appear.If there are 8 boxes for Acme paintball for 148 Lakeshore,one is on the shelf,
in sequence and the rest are on the floor directly below.
If you run across a package that does not fit in the load chart,or any that you have a question about,ask the driver.
It is not an easy job to master.I really believe that if you can get your drivers attention,and communicate with them
You will do just fine.I buy my preloader a bottle of Jamaican rum every Christmas.but he does not deserve it:happy-very:
He freaks out when it gets busy,but he still has a job.

rod

Retired 22 years
Rubbadub,here's my take on your situation,I don't blame you for getting discouraged.
If you do manage to get rehired,try to do things the way they used to .
The car number is important,the shelf number is important,try looking at the address on the label.
Most areas have main streets that you will recognize easier than numbers.
The cars you load are generally in order on a map.Talking to the 4 drivers and telling them you want
their input,will get better results than dealing with the overworked part time sups that have no clue at all.
The order is usually easy to understand.Example.The driver starts with # 100 Lakeshore ave and moves west.
Top left passenger side shelf.He does it in sequence,100,112,148 etc .There are streets running north and south
from it he does in order as they appear.If there are 8 boxes for Acme paintball for 148 Lakeshore,one is on the shelf,
in sequence and the rest are on the floor directly below.
If you run across a package that does not fit in the load chart,or any that you have a question about,ask the driver.
It is not an easy job to master.I really believe that if you can get your drivers attention,and communicate with them
You will do just fine.I buy my preloader a bottle of Jamaican rum every Christmas.but he does not deserve it:happy-very:
He freaks out when it gets busy,but he still has a job.

Our preloaders were always too toasted to freakout---------------if the sort started falling apart they would just stand there and giggle. It was kind of fun to watch management start too boil as the preload was giggling.

Returntosender

No training just thown on preload. Instructed to load four trucks. Then center manager wonders why they are missorts and left in buildings.