Just saw something funny on one of the advertising banners!

UPSBOI

You don't want to know!
Just saw an ad for Bowflex on here! Ha Ha I don't know anybody at UPS that would order such a thing! All those heavy boxes. I don't think so!:cursing:

Babagounj

Strength through joy
Student Athlete Dies Tangled In Exercise Machine

Parents Found Teen Tangled In Exercise Machine; Death Ruled 'Tragic Accident'

Students at Bear River High School were stunned after learning one of their star players died early Monday morning.

Justin Butler, 16, was found by his parents in his home Sunday night after somehow becoming entangled in a Bowflex exercise machine. They called 911 and began performing CPR, and emergency crews rushed him by helicopter to a hospital.
http://cbs13.com/local/bear.river.student.2.1923109.html

JustTired

free at last.......
When delivering a bowflex or any big exercise equipment......I would tell the consignee that if they wanted a good workout.....just carry the boxes around. That way when they went to sell it next year at the garage sale, it would be like brand new.

UPSBluRdg03

There is a Bowflex distribution center close to my hub and they used to hafta run a "Bowflex" sort before the twilight just to process those things cause they caused so many jambs when run during the regular sort. I think they either they closed the distribution center or we lost the account cause I never see them anymore.

diesel96

There is a Bowflex distribution center close to my hub and they used to hafta run a "Bowflex" sort before the twilight just to process those things cause they caused so many jambs when run during the regular sort. I think they either they closed the distribution center or we lost the account cause I never see them anymore.

That's why the sort has irreg trains, nothing that large should be put on the conveyor belts......

Just saw an ad for Bowflex on here! Ha Ha I don't know anybody at UPS that would order such a thing! All those heavy boxes. I don't think so!:cursing:

I know some Feeder Drivers that should order such a thing..............

wyo_john

Bowflex machines are some of my favorite things to load...along with the tiny 65 pound boxes with oil well valves in them!!!

UPSBluRdg03

That's why the sort has irreg trains, nothing that large should be put on the conveyor belts......
QUOTE]

Yes Im aware of irreg trains. Most while large were right at 70 pounds so by just bowflex on the belts it didnt cause much of a problem. They would run 1 belt with 8 or 9 trucks that got hit the most and get rid of em. The bigger ones were brought around on trains but it would keep the trains tied up all night if they tried to run em during the twilight sort.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

UPS employees would know enough to order them either addressed to the center or have them put on hold so that the driver did not have to struggle with them. When they got off road they would simply throw the pkgs in the back of their personal vehicle.

When I bought four new tires/wheels for my Colorado, I put them on hold and threw them in the back when I got off work. They were mounted, balanced, full of air and very heavy. I saved the driver for that area (me) the hassle of dealing with them all day.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
UPS employees would know enough to order them either addressed to the center or have them put on hold so that the driver did not have to struggle with them. When they got off road they would simply throw the pkgs in the back of their personal vehicle.

When I bought four new tires/wheels for my Colorado, I put them on hold and threw them in the back when I got off work. They were mounted, balanced, full of air and very heavy. I saved the driver for that area (me) the hassle of dealing with them all day.
You mean yourself? Don't you live on your route?

rod

Retired 22 years
Oh, sorry, didn't see the (me). So why wouldn't you just deliver them to yourself, wouldn't you like to get paid for carrying your tires up to your condo? At least I was paying attention to the fact that you are your route driver.:wink2:

Now one ever accused know it all of being the sharpest knife in the drawer

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Oh, sorry, didn't see the (me). So why wouldn't you just deliver them to yourself, wouldn't you like to get paid for carrying your tires up to your condo? At least I was paying attention to the fact that you are your route driver.:wink2:

I knew that I was having them installed that night on the pickup truck that I was going to put them in so why bring them all the way home when I could just back the truck in to the building and go from there? I had dinner in the food court while my new tires were being installed.

Now one ever accused know it all of being the sharpest knife in the drawer

I may not be bright but I will surely know enough to move on after I retire.

I do not blame you one bit.
70lb tires that will not fit under the shelf, or on them, are just a major hassle to deal with all day.

Finally someone who gets it. 70lb wheels/tires, mounted and filled, do not balance one on top of the other and tend to move around a lot, especially the way that I drive.:wink2: iI was so much easier to hold them at the center and deal with them when I got off road.