Just walked out of UPS

HardknocksUPSer

Their are people that go to school that long with no gaurentee of a job afterwords except for a ton of debt.
That's the sole reason I chose to try and build a career at UPS, I don't wana waste my life in school with no guarantee of work afterwards and the sure thought of debt, besides I'm dumb as a damn rock lol

FiXiE.GuRL

He probably stole the jacket!!!

Attachments

• 1422009641275.jpg
    1422009641275.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 149

Xexys

Retired and Happy
I may be wrong but don't they combine the two when determining your years of service and monthly pension amount?

After vestment, he would receive two separate pension checks. Really the only thing he would gain by taking the job before his five year mark would be the vacation time he has earned. But, as soon as he takes the FT job his seniority date will change to his FT employment date. So, for instance he was hired in July for PT and gets a FT job in February, he/she will actually lose that time as far as seniority purposes go. The time served he will not lose, but his seniority time will be moved as far as vacation goes. It's almost as if the time between July and February was lost forever except for building seniority if layoffs were to occur.

Pissed me off when I was expecting my extra week at my fifteenth year and I had to wait a few more months until my FT hire date.

KaiserTom

I feeling like quitting as soon as I get slammed with 65 RDR's right off the bat In the morning, then I remember in 4hrs I can walk out of there with no burden of that place on my shoulders, that's why I like the job, it's not one that goes home with me everyday like others I've had do.

Days like that I just go :censored2: it to load quality in that truck. Unless the report says that that was a good portion of the truck I just happened to get all at once.

first lady hh 3

Smalls n everything else!
Quit being a wussy, it's only 4hrs a day it sucks but people like you don't see the big picture, besides when you applied it asked if you could do physical activity for long periods of time, amagine the thought of you just making a $80,000 a year mistake, I don't like the work neither but it's all about attitude, I work for Friday. For me UPS is the only way out because I refuse to go to college and flippin burgers ain't for me..
Apply @ UPS Bully for you! Bully for me...pull YOUR PANTS UP!

scooby0048

This page left intentionally blank
After vestment, he would receive two separate pension checks. Really the only thing he would gain by taking the job before his five year mark would be the vacation time he has earned. But, as soon as he takes the FT job his seniority date will change to his FT employment date. So, for instance he was hired in July for PT and gets a FT job in February, he/she will actually lose that time as far as seniority purposes go. The time served he will not lose, but his seniority time will be moved as far as vacation goes. It's almost as if the time between July and February was lost forever except for building seniority if layoffs were to occur.
:censored2: me off when I was expecting my extra week at my fifteenth year and I had to wait a few more months until my FT hire date.
Long time no see!

brostalss

Working at UPS, you have to have the right attitude walking in.

If your day is heavy, accept the challenge and see how you do. Crying about it will only make your day worse. You still have to do it. It's not personal, it's your route.

I work for the customers I deliver to. They are the ones expecting me to deliver the goods they need and on time. They are the ones who thank me and appreciate what I do for them. No matter what happens in the Hub or at home, I leave it in the package car when making a delivery.

We get paid to drive around all day and no one looks over our shoulders. We get free clothes (no comment on the quality) and a company car. We get paid very well and one month out of the year we have to dig in and earn it.

We really do have a great job, but you have to make it that way with the right attitude.

Boulevard859710

Working at UPS, you have to have the right attitude walking in.

If your day is heavy, accept the challenge and see how you do. Crying about it will only make your day worse. You still have to do it. It's not personal, it's your route.

I work for the customers I deliver to. They are the ones expecting me to deliver the goods they need and on time. They are the ones who thank me and appreciate what I do for them. No matter what happens in the Hub or at home, I leave it in the package car when making a delivery.

We get paid to drive around all day and no one looks over our shoulders. We get free clothes (no comment on the quality) and a company car. We get paid very well and one month out of the year we have to dig in and earn it.

We really do have a great job, but you have to make it that way with the right attitude.
That why I've lasted almost 20 years. Nicely put.[emoji3]

Geo926

It's hard as hell right now. Worked 1 day last week and did a quick shuttle. Haven't worked yet this week, no drivers are going home for me to do a route. There not laying anyone off either which is wierd. And can't do preload cause there bidding it out based on seniority. I haven't walked out but dam I definitely feel like it!!

That sucks man. Thankfully I am in a center where the old timers cant wait to take an over, and I'm very low on the pole.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Go Brown Or Go Home!

Just a follow from my last post. Worked an hour and a half last week. Went in everyday but one, stayed until absolutely no one was left asked if anybody wanted to go home but unfortunately on one did. Asked to be laid off but can't be done and tried to bid preload but higher seniority guys are on it. Can't do anything but laugh at this point. Oh I did talked to 2 stewards and have done exactly what they have said to do and also the senior guys on BC.